XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-31-2008, 08:35 PM   #23
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
I guess, I maybe the 1st then! now, i have not heard anything about a wheel/Tire warranty but could see why it would be considered because those run flats are expensive.
Quote:
The $5k was for extended power train warranty.
The race is on dmlgc! My X6 50i just finished production today and my dealer called me and said they will have my baby next Tuesday or Wednesday! I guess since it only has to go half the distance to TX so it will only take half the time in transit

My dealer told me today that they charge $1099 for the tire and wheel policy and I was able to talk them down to $900 on phone. If they do not do it for $700 or less then I am not going to buy it because most likely I will eventually upgrade to 21 or 22" wheels.

$5k for extended warranty is ridiculous. Should not be more than $3k and I would even think that was a lot.

Last edited by shenard; 07-31-2008 at 09:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 08:59 PM   #24
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

I did some checking Warranty Direct will do 6 years/100000 miles for $3250. guess I need to see the easy care policy being offered by the dealer to determine if it's worth it. there many opinions on easy care some pro , so con. I have emailed BMW but have not received an answer about buying the EW later down the road.
      08-07-2008, 08:33 PM   #25
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

answer from BMW:
BMW offers an Original Owner Protection Program. This program is not an extension of the original New Vehicle Limited Warranty, however, it offers mechanical breakdown protection and warrants against defects in materials or workmanship. To add this program to your vehicle, you must still be within the coverage period. This means your 2008 BMW X6 must be within the four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first, parameters. To learn more about this program, please contact the service team at your authorized BMW center.
      08-08-2008, 01:26 AM   #26
Davinhci
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
i would buy it

08 E92 AW M3 | HRE P40 19" | APE Air Filter | BMW Performance Grills | White Side Gills | CF Mirror Covers | BMW Performance Pedals | F1 Pinnacle Tint | V1 Hardwire | Dinan Performance Software | Gintani Exhaust | H&R Sports Springs | RPI Scoops | BMW CF Spoiler | Challenge Diffuser | Lux H8 V3 | LCI Tail Lights |
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #27
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
When I picked up my X6 50i earlier this week extended warranty was either $4250 or $4295. Can't remember the exact price because I did not buy it. My dealer did tell me that I could buy it at any time up to 4yrs or 50K miles and the price would be whatever it is for new cars at the time when I purchase the warranty. They do not charge you more for the warranty because you have more miles. Probably worth looking into a few 3rd party companies that I am sure will sell the warranty for cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #28
lindseynobles
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0i

X3

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone has experience with their BMW dealer and an X6 extended warranty. The price quoted by my dealer is $5k.
My X3 had cost around 2K, but they messed up the paperwork and didn't include it with my loan price (which I wanted to do because my loan is "insured" in case i get laid off...unfortunately. So it covers me up to 6 months if I'm unemployed the bank pays my payments for me) and when I went to drop the check they said that they didn't know I wanted the warranty, since I kept the origional buyers order that stated that I wanted the warranty they put me on a no interest plan where I make 18 payments or something and the 20%down that I needed to pay for the coverage off the bat, they covered (a little over 200 bux) because they messed up and screwed me a little bit. I ended up squeezing a few free oil changes out of the service department also. I dunno if I got a better deal or not, but that's just what happened to me. It wasn't 5K though, unless they are trying to give you the BEST extended warranty... mine covers everything but audio and consumables (tires, bulbs)
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #29
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseynobles View Post
My X3 had cost around 2K, but they messed up the paperwork and didn't include it with my loan price (which I wanted to do because my loan is "insured" in case i get laid off...unfortunately. So it covers me up to 6 months if I'm unemployed the bank pays my payments for me) and when I went to drop the check they said that they didn't know I wanted the warranty, since I kept the origional buyers order that stated that I wanted the warranty they put me on a no interest plan where I make 18 payments or something and the 20%down that I needed to pay for the coverage off the bat, they covered (a little over 200 bux) because they messed up and screwed me a little bit. I ended up squeezing a few free oil changes out of the service department also. I dunno if I got a better deal or not, but that's just what happened to me. It wasn't 5K though, unless they are trying to give you the BEST extended warranty... mine covers everything but audio and consumables (tires, bulbs)
I ended up getting the warranty was $4200, also paid the $950 for the wheel and tire package since I have RF and 259 wheels ( which if you check forum here turns out to be good idea). this covers replacing run flats if they can't be repaired (cost currently about $800 each) and the wheel if it gets trashed.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #30
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Xtended Warranty

My 2 cents :
I think it's just like insurance. How much faith do u have w/ BMW? Even mb suv had problems when the 1st ml came out! & in case ur car turns into a lemon asa the warranty xpires.
In the current business environment, they can stop taking new policies or increase the price anytime.
The wheel & tire policy is a must because u dont know what's on the road around a blind corner. Or whether some construction vehicle left a bunch of rusty nails on the road.
I'm sure even the 19" tires are at least $300 each b4 labor. And would u just replace one? U may have to buy 3 other new ones to match, while the tire warranty replaces only1. If a wheel is damaged that's even more $$.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #31
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Has anyone done this before ?
do you have to haggle with dealer on it ? or do they just sell you the EW?
Yes. For the BMW extended warranty you can purchase as long as you are the original owner.

When the time comes, call several dealers and ask to speak with the finance manager. He/she will quote the warranty. You can call several dealers to get the best price. You can also opt for the extended maintenance.

The advantage to buying now rather than later is the cost goes up with inflation. If you buy and sell/trade the car in, you will get the warranty money back as long as the car is under 4 yr/50k miles.

I advise waiting until the end. If the car proves to be a good one, you may never use the warranty during the last two years.