XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-18-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
SOMIA35
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M arrived :-)

2010 BMW X6M Melbourne Red Metallic

One interesting point that has not been discussed here for those whom have seen the car in person at the M-power tour over the summer is the pearl paint job the vehicle was sporting. I asked a young man standing by the X6M what the color was on the vehicle and he cheerfully popped the hood and looked at the tag underneath and told me that it said Melbourne Red Metallic-ette. I asked again Metallic-ette not Metallic? He confirmed that I heard him right the first time! I have to say that I was surprised on how much of an orange metallic sparkle the paint had in the sunlight. I remember in the late eighties and early nineties when pearl paint jobs were showing up here and there, and these would have a blue-green-purple hue kind of like looking at an opal stone.
This paint color on the X6M was just like it, a pearl paint job but with orange as the dominate color.
With out the direct sunlight it looked like a solid red.. almost like a candy apple that has been dipped many times..
Even though im not to sure if I liked the color I saw that day, the paint process was able to make the car look wet!

Now with all of the confusion of why BMW only made available Sakhir Orange Merino Leather and not a simple red interior makes me wonder if this orange hue I saw on the Pre-production vehicle is the actual thing we will get ????

Hence the exterior I saw (a red with orange metallic)
and interior listed (a blood orange leather)
would sure go hand in hand...

I took pictures at the event but I didn’t post them due to the fact someone else posted some that night.

I would post a pic or two where you can see on the corners of the vehicle where the sun hits it just right of just what I am talking about .. (Just how orange it looks!)

But I cant figure out how to post pics here..

Last edited by SOMIA35; 08-18-2009 at 09:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 11:18 PM   #2
DoctaM3
500+ HP Club
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i8; 2023 BMW M4 CSL

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [0.00]
2008 Audi S6 V10  [0.00]
2014 BMW i8  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [0.00]
Post pix of the Sakhir Orange interior... I ordered this and a praying it is more red than orange, otherwise this will be a messy X6M on Space Gray exterior!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #3
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOMIA35 View Post
Now with all of the confusion of why BMW only made available Sakhir Orange Merino Leather and not a simple red interior makes me wonder if this orange hue I saw on the Pre-production vehicle is the actual thing we will get ????

Hence the exterior I saw (a red with orange metallic)
and interior listed (a blood orange leather)
would sure go hand in hand...

I took pictures at the event but I didn’t post them due to the fact someone else posted some that night.

I would post a pic or two where you can see on the corners of the vehicle where the sun hits it just right of just what I am talking about .. (Just how orange it looks!)

But I cant figure out how to post pics here..
I would like to see photos of the Sakhir interior.

Here are some tips on how to upload images directly into your post (follow method #2): http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26089
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
SOMIA35
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M arrived :-)

Sorry if some how I poorly worded things to miss lead you guys..

I have yet to see this new interior color either!

The Vehicle that was used during the M-power
had a black interior...

I am on the same hunt my self for samples or more pics!

I sure hope the color combination looks good
because I took a chance and ordered it....
Appreciate 0