XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

09-15-2012, 03:59 AM   #1
Twin_Thing
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x6 50i

X6 tunes

Hey guys, Im new to this site and have recently purchased a 09 X6. was wondering about what tune was the best.. i have really only researched the Dinan stage 1. But i can imagine there are alot of different places that do tunes and for cheaper.... Also with these tunes how do the trannys hold up.. or are there any other weak links? thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
d_v_o_1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15

Welcome to the dark side!
Now there is a variety of tunes obviously, so start with which model you have. Secondly, is all inclusive warranty important to you. If so, Dinan or BMW tunes are your choices. Do you want a handheld tune or a shipped in ECU tune. Now, if you are willing for-go some warranty issues the options greatly increase.
There are numerous threads on this but here are some places to start your research

1) Hartage
2) Velos Designwerks
3) Active Autowerks
4) JB3
5) Hamann
6) ESS
7) BMW performance tune
8) Renntech

There are more and I'm sure guys will chime in with others. Hope that helps and excuse my mis-spellings lol

In addition, if you really want to move to a stage 2 you are looking downpipes which will let your truck breath much better and spool quicker.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

Welcome to Xbimmers!

We can get you tuned in no time in a variety of ways. For the X6 50i we offer a stage 1 as well as a stage 1.5 which is a little more aggressive. We also offer a stage 2 if you plan on installing our downpipes down the road.

You can get your vehicle tuned in the following ways:

1.Purchase a Simon handheld programmer (flash your car at home with the ability to go back to stock when needed)

2.Stop by one of our many flash station dealers.

3.Send your ecu to us with a same day turn around time and free 2nd day air
back.

Please check out our for sale thread for more in depth information.

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=669030

If you have any more questions please shoot me a Pm or give me a call @ 305-233-9300 Ext 227

Last edited by SflBimmer8484; 09-16-2012 at 09:26 PM..
Appreciate 0