XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-06-2017, 03:49 PM   #1
meekmill
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW x5 xdrive50i M sport

Squeaking sound driver side door

Hey everyone , I purchased a 2011 BMW x5 xdrive50i m sport package a few days ago. Yesterday I noticed that when I shut my driver door it makes a squeaking noise after the self close/soft close doors shut. The other doors don't make this sound. This morning I opened the driver side door and there was no squeaking noise when I shut it. However later on in the day after about opening and closing the door 3-4 times the squeaking reappeared. Any ideas as to what this sound could be related to? It does not appear when I open the door. Let me know, thanks !
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 10:33 PM   #2
socale39
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 545i SMG

Can you clarify, is the sound starting after the door has closed and you are driving around or during the action of closing the door? If its during the door swinging closed or open I'd imagine a quick shot of lube on the door hinges would cure the issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 03:38 PM   #3
dpie
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by meekmill View Post
Hey everyone , I purchased a 2011 BMW x5 xdrive50i m sport package a few days ago. Yesterday I noticed that when I shut my driver door it makes a squeaking noise after the self close/soft close doors shut. The other doors don't make this sound. This morning I opened the driver side door and there was no squeaking noise when I shut it. However later on in the day after about opening and closing the door 3-4 times the squeaking reappeared. Any ideas as to what this sound could be related to? It does not appear when I open the door. Let me know, thanks !
I just had my car at the dealer and told them about a noise that I am having. It sounds similar to yours. The shop foreman told me it was the door seals. Not the rubber seal but the felt at the very top of the door. He went in the back, grabbed a bottle of ?gummi pfledge? and put it on. Went around the block and the sound was completely gone. He told me next time I was in he would give me a bottle. He must see this pretty often because he knew the exact problem as soon as soon as I described it.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 07:39 AM   #4
socale39
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 545i SMG

Yeah if it's squeaking while driving it's definitely the door seals. Very common issue amongst BMW vehicles but thankfully can be resolved fairly easily.
Appreciate 0