XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Vendors Classifieds

12-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

>>>Bimmer Retrofit: CIC retrofit kit!<<<

OEM CIC Navigation System Retrofits

What we offer:
We offer complete OEM CIC Navigation System Retrofits for E9x and other models of BMWs. Our kit for E9x comes with everything that you will need to do this retrofit. Our standard kit for E9x includes the following parts and services:
- CIC head unit (80Gb, HDD), updated with the latest software and pre-codedyou’re your VIN
- CID Display
- iDrive controller
- CID power connector
- CID video cable
- CIC faceplate
- OEM FSC code activation or PNP hardware activation
- Video in Motion activation
- Latest maps
- USB connector and cable for the glove box compartment (you will be able to upload music into your CIC, and you will be able to use it for future map updates)
- Installation instructions
- Full retrofit coding
- After sale support and support during installation

Note: if you are doing a non-iDrive to iDrive conversion, you will also need to get new dashboard, new center console trim and iDrive wiring.

Some FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions):
1.What is Full Retrofit Coding, why is it required and how will it be performed?
Your vehicle is comprised of multiple electronic modules that seamlessly work together, while you are using your vehicle. When you replace your CCC (or radio) with CIC, your vehicle and the CIC must be “taught” how to recognize each other and how to work together correctly. This is done through remote coding by one of our engineers, who have been specifically trained to do this. They have unmatched level of experience and knowledge of BMWs and they will perform the coding, the way BMW would, so your CIC will integrate seamlessly into your vehicle. For remote coding you will need 3 things: (a) USB K+DCAN cable, (b) windows based laptop and (c) stable internet connection.

As a side note: Never trust an amateur to code your vehicle. In certain cases, CIC coding is straight forward. However, in other cases, it can be very tricky and more complicated. An amateur simply does not have the experience to do the coding correctly. There is a very high probability that your vehicle will become malfunctioning (or even stationary), and it will cost you quite a bit of money to get it fixed. Do the coding once - do it right - have a professional code your vehicle. For more information about buying from amateurs, please see the following link: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...5#post13425235

2.What is the difference between FSC code activation and PNP hardware activation?
Hardware activation uses our own certified PNP activation module for navigation, voice recognition and video in motion. FSC activation method uses BMW's OEM FSC codes for activation. The main difference between these activation methods is PRICE (FSC activation method is ~70% more expensive than the PNP activation method). PNP activation method is by far the most popular activation method, especially so if you have an older vehicle, for which CIC has never been offered.

3.What is the price of your CIC retrofit kit?
Our most current pricing is displayed on our website: http://bimmerretrofit.com/store/inde...&product_id=53
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly to see if any special pricing is available. Please be sure to include your vehicle’s VIN (vehicle identification number) and region for faster turn-around time. You can contact us at info@bimmerretrofit.com

About us:
Bimmer Retrofit Inc. is a privately-owned company, based in Montreal, Canada. We develop and deliver the most advanced OEM retrofits on the market and we are committed to the highest standards of quality and customer service to ensure complete satisfaction of our customers worldwide. Our team of talented and passionate individuals possesses an unmatched level of expertise in BMW OEM hardware and software and delivers the best-in-class retrofits for your BMW.

Bimmer Retrofit Team is based in Canada, but we are not limited to the Canadian market. We are one of the few companies in the world who offer CIC retrofits and other services for BMWs across borders, to customers worldwide, using Remote Coding.

Quality Control:
Before shipping, each CIC system goes through a set of rigorous tests at our facilities to make sure that each and every one of customers receives a properly functioning system. The systems go through functionality, vibration and 48 hours burn-in tests. Despite the fact that we only use OEM parts for the CIC retrofits, it is important to be sure that the components are fully functional and meet all safety criteria.

All information regarding the services we offer can be found at our online store via the following link: www.bimmerretrofit.com

Payment options:
We accept VISA, MasterCard, Wire Bank Transfers and Money Orders.

Recommended installation locations:
We can recommend installation locations in the following regions:

Canada:
JR Auto Chip Tuning - Oakville, ON

USA:
Auto Designs - New York, NY;
Sonic Motorsports - Mountain View, CA;
Custom Car Alarm - San Francisco, CA;
Startronics - Santa Monica, CA;
Coast Motor Werk - Huntington Beach, CA;
i remember app - Las Vegas, NV;
Bavarian Auto Werke LLC - Chicago, IL;
B&M Euromotors, LLC - Miami, FL;

UK:
Universal Bodyshop - Nuneaton, Warwickshire

Australia:
Active Motorwerke Pty Ltd - Melbourne

Asia:We also have installation location and resellers in Asia (China, Malaysia, Tawan, Hong Kong, Singapore).

Partnership Opportunity:
We are growing and we are looking to widen our global reach by expanding our network of authorized resellers and installation locations in North America, Europe and Asia. If you own a garage with solid reputation, you possess knowledge and experience in car stereo and navigation systems installations and you are passionate about BMW and the latest technology, you may have what it takes to become our authorized reseller or installation location. If you are interested in becoming a part of our exciting global network, contact us to learn more.

Contact Information:
Email: info@bimmerretrofit.com We do our best to reply within a few hours
Phone: 1.450.844.4655 from 10:00AM to 6:00PM EST

We are on Youtube:

Attached Images

Last edited by bmwretrofit; 01-02-2015 at 12:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

***Information was added to the thread. We invite you to take a look.***
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #3
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
nice.
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 11:12 PM   #4
JackyChen
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5

My Retrofit experience with Bimmerretrofit

I just want to share my retrofit experience with Bimmerretrofit. That was a long story since Nov 2013 that I made a decision with these guys. Before that, I did quite a bit of research for several months. I had a 07 X5 E70, with the last generation CCC module, no Nav, no DVD, no rear view camera and just with a small piece of 6.5 inch screen. Originally, I am just not satisfied with this 6.5 inch screen. The first research was to replace 6.5 inch screen with 8.8 inch big one and the result was that it can work but not perfectly. I did source a 8.8 inch screen from ebay and replaced by myself. The showing area was shift to the left side of the new screen with the area of 6.5 inch which it was used to be and left the whole left part black. I was happy for a few days but started feeling uncomfortable by seeing this imperfectly ‘retrofit’. The same time I did research with changing of screen, I saw a thread (I believe it was in this same forum) and that guys did a perfectly retrofit from CCC to CIC upgrade with everything (high resolution screen, idrive controller, DVD, VIM and camera) with Bimmerretrofit team. I switched to a google search and found their website. Same time I searched form Ebay and a few lower priced package showed up and most of them are from European countries. Price was a really big concern especially for this kind of several thousand valued big toy, BUT I’ve been told to a lot of coding issues and Nav mapping problems that I was just feel not afraid to buy… Anyways, I need customer service for after sales and my case told me that was an absolute right decision with Bimmerretrofit (I am telling you later…) It took me a few weeks to make this decision and finally I contacted Kate in Bimmerretrofit for info, then quote, then shipping…

My package included CIC module with DVD, new controller, center trim, faceplate, 8.8 inch screen needs to be replaced as well, as the new one with high resolution. I also bought a rear view camera and a USB K+DCAN cable (in case if the system cannot recognize CIC, remote coding was needed and that was another big right decision, I am telling later in this thread). I don’t want to specify the installation because I was been given a really detailed manual from them and I did follow with the instructions step by step. I didn’t have any experiences at all so it took me half day to finish the entire job. My lesson was that you must completely shut down the power before starting and this point haven’t been referred in the manual. The screen replacement need a little bit wire change work and I made a short (the result was a black screen). I took the car to a local workshop to fix that fuse because the X5 fuse box was soooo difficult to pull out by myself (the under glove box one). After I figured out the fuse issue and screen finally back to work. Ohh Ohh… I found another issue from the rear view camera. Looks to me PNP was working and PDC did showing up and Bimmerretrofit guys saying that it may need a remote coding. Finally I saw the camera working after a remote coding session.

This entire retrofit took me a few months (I’ve been a long vacation in the middle). I am completest and I have to keep everything working perfectly to make myself feel conformable. This final result did make comfortable. Highly recommend these guys especially if you want to do the retrofit by yourself and if you don’t have any car coding experiences…
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #5
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackyChen View Post

I just want to share my retrofit experience with Bimmerretrofit. That was a long story since Nov 2013 that I made a decision with these guys. Before that, I did quite a bit of research for several months. I had a 07 X5 E70, with the last generation CCC module, no Nav, no DVD, no rear view camera and just with a small piece of 6.5 inch screen. Originally, I am just not satisfied with this 6.5 inch screen. The first research was to replace 6.5 inch screen with 8.8 inch big one and the result was that it can work but not perfectly. I did source a 8.8 inch screen from ebay and replaced by myself. The showing area was shift to the left side of the new screen with the area of 6.5 inch which it was used to be and left the whole left part black. I was happy for a few days but started feeling uncomfortable by seeing this imperfectly ‘retrofit’. The same time I did research with changing of screen, I saw a thread (I believe it was in this same forum) and that guys did a perfectly retrofit from CCC to CIC upgrade with everything (high resolution screen, idrive controller, DVD, VIM and camera) with Bimmerretrofit team. I switched to a google search and found their website. Same time I searched form Ebay and a few lower priced package showed up and most of them are from European countries. Price was a really big concern especially for this kind of several thousand valued big toy, BUT I’ve been told to a lot of coding issues and Nav mapping problems that I was just feel not afraid to buy… Anyways, I need customer service for after sales and my case told me that was an absolute right decision with Bimmerretrofit (I am telling you later…) It took me a few weeks to make this decision and finally I contacted Kate in Bimmerretrofit for info, then quote, then shipping…

My package included CIC module with DVD, new controller, center trim, faceplate, 8.8 inch screen needs to be replaced as well, as the new one with high resolution. I also bought a rear view camera and a USB K+DCAN cable (in case if the system cannot recognize CIC, remote coding was needed and that was another big right decision, I am telling later in this thread). I don’t want to specify the installation because I was been given a really detailed manual from them and I did follow with the instructions step by step. I didn’t have any experiences at all so it took me half day to finish the entire job. My lesson was that you must completely shut down the power before starting and this point haven’t been referred in the manual. The screen replacement need a little bit wire change work and I made a short (the result was a black screen). I took the car to a local workshop to fix that fuse because the X5 fuse box was soooo difficult to pull out by myself (the under glove box one). After I figured out the fuse issue and screen finally back to work. Ohh Ohh… I found another issue from the rear view camera. Looks to me PNP was working and PDC did showing up and Bimmerretrofit guys saying that it may need a remote coding. Finally I saw the camera working after a remote coding session.

This entire retrofit took me a few months (I’ve been a long vacation in the middle). I am completest and I have to keep everything working perfectly to make myself feel conformable. This final result did make comfortable. Highly recommend these guys especially if you want to do the retrofit by yourself and if you don’t have any car coding experiences…
Just saw this post now. Thank you for your kind words
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #6
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

NBT retrofit kits in E-series

NBT NAVIGATION SYSTEMS IN E-SERIES

NBT navigation system retrofits in E-series are becoming more and more popular! A lot of people who are considering CIC retrofit + Combox, are now opting for the NBT retrofit instead. If you are also debating between these retrofits, please consider the following advantages of the NBT navigation system:

• 200GB hard drive instead of 80GB drive (available in CIC)
• Combox built-in (bluetooth audio streaming, album art display, iPod/iPhone integration)
• Ability to stream video from USB in the armrest (CIC does not allow this)
• Sports Display (real-time power and torque meters)
• M-lap timer
• Faster processor (faster response speed)
• BMW Apps
• 3D maps

We offer either eNBT Retrofit Adapters SEPARATELY or we offer complete eNBT Retrofit Kits! Please contact us for pricing - info@bimmerretrofit.com.

Be sure to provide your vehicle's VIN, since the price of complete NBT kit for E-series depends on the configuration of the vehicle.

Here are some pictures for you:

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 03:39 PM   #7
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

NBT retrofit kits in E-series

For more information about NBT kits in E-series, please check the thread here.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 12:01 AM   #8
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

>>> Christmas and New Year Sale! <<<

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 06:41 AM   #9
pavel_ionut
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

You can buy the display cable individually from Amazon, is OEM.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Con...3948786&sr=8-4
Appreciate 0