XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

09-09-2015, 07:18 PM   #45
theaudir8fan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: a major headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroboot View Post
hey man...love your x5m and all the stuff you did to it...sounds even better in person than the videos can portray... i might get myself some catless DPs one of these days...where did you get the gintanis from?

Still got the gold wheels? Im surprised you are bored with them yet ;P
Hey bud, I got the gintanis used on here last year, the fitment was decent and all the heatshields went back normally be it that the post cat o2 sensors was a tight fit. I say any brands would work, the differences is in the fitment, I say if you can find a good deal on a set of Akra DP, they are defiantly the best choice.

As for the wheels, they are still gold for now, but once i take them off for the winter, they will be going in to get refinished, haven't decided on what color I want to do tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
I love your color, my prior E53 X5 was blue on tan (hated the tan), but now I'm white on Sakhir Orange. I had some questions for ya though:

- when you wrapped the front grills, did the film get wrapped around the backside as well or cut flush?
- how are you liking your Blackvue? I saw you kept mentioning the speed was off, but why? I recently watched a YouTube video testing dashcams and I remember seeing yours mentioned. $300 isn't bad but I'm still looking for a better deal unless you'd recommend this over any other setup.
Thanks, for the grills, I took the chrome bezel off the the center black sections and wrapped them, so i didn't really had to deal with a flush cut or anything, just wrap around the edges.
What I mean by the GPS speed is that it reacts a little slow and is not very accurate. For example in some of the videos of my race, under acceleration the dashcam gps speed can't keep up with the actual acceleration speed. Also after trapping and hitting the brakes, the speed doesn't show exactly how fast I went. If you are cursing around on a highway at a consistent speed, it is probably ok, but not in dynamic or rapid speed changes.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 07:31 PM   #46
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

So other than lag in rapid acceleration, you're happy with the Blackvue? I just want something that's front and rear, has motion sensing that works well in case anyone is around the vehicle and then I'd get their battery backup like you did. Do you happen to have a thread of it's installation?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 07:55 PM   #47
theaudir8fan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
So other than lag in rapid acceleration, you're happy with the Blackvue? I just want something that's front and rear, has motion sensing that works well in case anyone is around the vehicle and then I'd get their battery backup like you did. Do you happen to have a thread of it's installation?
Overall yes I'm happy with the Blackvue. I don't have a full install thread of the unit, but I put the PMP in the trunk's passenger side access panel which has a fuse box and access to the 12v power plug for tapping constant power and switched power. The main difficulty is routing the cables, but I did it around the headliner, the other solution is to route under the door's kickplate where all the factory wiring harness is. If you want to DIY this you do have to be ok with taking some trim apart, ie the D pillar trim and the liftgate trim.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 10:57 AM   #48
zeroboot
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M - sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaudir8fan View Post
Overall yes I'm happy with the Blackvue. I don't have a full install thread of the unit, but I put the PMP in the trunk's passenger side access panel which has a fuse box and access to the 12v power plug for tapping constant power and switched power. The main difficulty is routing the cables, but I did it around the headliner, the other solution is to route under the door's kickplate where all the factory wiring harness is. If you want to DIY this you do have to be ok with taking some trim apart, ie the D pillar trim and the liftgate trim.
Also have the blackvue front and rear...I also ran the cable for the rear through the headliner vs the floor panel. It was just easier, and you still wont see it.

The hardest part actually, was getting the cable fished through the upper trunk lid after getting the panel off, and then into and through the rubber housing where other wiring is run.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 10:42 PM   #49
theaudir8fan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Been super lazy, still haven't made any updates to the car yet recently, but was in Vancouver visiting some family and stopped by SR Auto and PUR wheels, so neutrally they did a slight photo shoot of my car

These are some of the last shots of the PUR in the current Monaco Gold finish, once winter comes, these will be refinished into something new for the next summer
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 11:40 PM   #50
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Looks awesome! I'm typically not a big fan of gold wheels but they really work with the MCB paint and your setup.

Great work
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 01:34 AM   #51
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Now I want gold wheels...
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 03:38 AM   #52
theaudir8fan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Looks awesome! I'm typically not a big fan of gold wheels but they really work with the MCB paint and your setup.

Great work
Neither was I, it took a lot of back and forth for me to pull the trigger on getting this set, but now that it's on the car I'm liking the gold more and more, but still going to change the color for next season
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post

haha, you want everything

Last edited by theaudir8fan; 09-19-2015 at 03:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 04:03 AM   #53
UnicornM
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M

Love those pics. Your X is crying for a front lip!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 06:01 AM   #54
X Driver
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: X5M Black Fire Edition

Always nice pictures, nice car, professional photographie. love it!! like your wheels more than mine :-(
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 03:24 AM   #55
theaudir8fan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5_MSPORT View Post
Love those pics. Your X is crying for a front lip!
Thanks, I have been thinking about getting a lip as well, but with where I live, the winter is so bad that having a lip really doesn't make any sense as it will just act as a snow plow and get pitted with rock chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by X Driver View Post
Always nice pictures, nice car, professional photographie. love it!! like your wheels more than mine :-(
thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 07:52 PM   #56
gixxerboy63
Tanzanite Blue II X5M Pilot
Rep
Drives: M3, M4, X3 M40i, X5M

Garage List
2017 m4  [0.00]
2010 BMW X5M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post

Me too!!!

2020 X5M - Tanzanite II
2012 M3 - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 10:33 PM   #57
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Also have the blackvue front and rear...I also ran the cable for the rear through the headliner vs the floor panel. It was just easier, and you still wont see it.

The hardest part actually, was getting the cable fished through the upper trunk lid after getting the panel off, and then into and through the rubber housing where other wiring is run.
I was thinking I'm going to go the same route. Sounds like no matter what though, I need to get the battery backup? Can either you or R8Fan post pics of where you installed it and how you wired it to the battery?"
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 09:43 PM   #58
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaudir8fan View Post
Can you take a picture of where you tapped? I wanna finish the install this weekend, I assumed you'd mounted to on the drivers side closer to the battery, but the fuse box is a good idea.

Quote:

I'd love to see how you both mounted the cameras AND where they enter into the headliner, trunk panels, etc before I start feeding wires.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 09:33 PM   #59
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

Can you give me some info on your wheels? Cost etc. Love them and I think 22 is the good size for summer. If I get an aftermarket set now I can always by winters for the oem rims. Although that would waste the brand new tires I have on now...

Anyway all your pics on the first page don't work. I'd like to do some light cosmetic mods like carbon fibre etc did you do any of that stuff?

I'd like to do the dash cams too..did you install yourself or a place you recommend? How much did it cost etc?

Feel free to PM brother.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 11:11 PM   #60
theaudir8fan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa View Post
Can you give me some info on your wheels? Cost etc. Love them and I think 22 is the good size for summer. If I get an aftermarket set now I can always by winters for the oem rims. Although that would waste the brand new tires I have on now...

Anyway all your pics on the first page don't work. I'd like to do some light cosmetic mods like carbon fibre etc did you do any of that stuff?

I'd like to do the dash cams too..did you install yourself or a place you recommend? How much did it cost etc?

Feel free to PM brother.
haha it's PUR, they are very pricey new it's one piece monoblock forged, if you want a similar set, my friend in Calgary is selling his vorstiner and they are awesome, if you want a different color, you can get them redone, I'm actually working with someone in YEG who's doing my set.
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1230457

I know, the stupid hyper links keeps getting altered, so they aren't showing up right, i will update once i have some free time. I don't have any carbon stuff, the way it show in the PUR pictures is the way it currently sits. I have a lot of color matching mods such as all the side markers, the fender turn signal piece, and a matte black wrap diffuser.

Yes i did do the dashcam myself, but if u want someone good with car electronics in YYC, mobile solutions are amazing. I have the blackvue, so price is just whatever is current on blackboxmycar.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 01:08 AM   #61
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep

Thanks I'll look into the rims. I am trying to figure out my summer/winter setup and have brand new tires right now so don't want to waste them.

Do you have pics of the diffuser wrap? I'd like to see how that looks and consider something similar for myself. Where did you get that wrapped from?

For the camera, if I purchase them online do you think you'd be able to help me out with the install? I would of course be happy to compensate you with $, beer etc haha. I have heard of mobile solutions but have heard that they are super expensive so don't want to pay an arm and a leg.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 12:54 PM   #62
XX5Monster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5M

Love the videos! Nice to see a few races with this beast
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 02:47 PM   #63
theaudir8fan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX5Monster View Post
Love the videos! Nice to see a few races with this beast
thanks, for reference, I went head to head against the brand new Shelby GT350 in a half mile, we crosses the line dead even, I would always have the first 1/4 and a bit, but once past 110mph, the wind resistance on these cars are fairly significant
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 04:16 PM   #64
Dchl21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x5m / E55 / C63

beautiful . personally I love the no lip look. so im for leaving it as is.

even tho ive a lip lol
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 12:36 PM   #65
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep

Hey where did you get the H&R springs installed from? How much was it?

How is the ride quality with them? Is there a specific setting they should be set on to have a good ride quality?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 04:42 AM   #66
theaudir8fan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa View Post
Hey where did you get the H&R springs installed from? How much was it?

How is the ride quality with them? Is there a specific setting they should be set on to have a good ride quality?
I did it myself with a friend, but normally shop charge around 5-8 hrs. Ride quality is decent as long as you set the rear higher than the front
Appreciate 0