XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
Ben_XI
Rep
Drives: 2011 x50i

Programmable Memory Keys

Anyone know how to reset the Programmable Memory Keys in a 2011 X5? I want a clean slate. I don't want anything programmed into them.

I've searched the manual, scoured the iDrive (I've searched through every menu), and this forum, but to no avail.

BMW USA was no help as they just directed to my dealer.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
kennyt
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5M

believe it can only be done by the GT1 computer which means dealership or a shop that has BMW GT1 computer.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
Ben_XI
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
believe it can only be done by the GT1 computer which means dealership or a shop that has BMW GT1 computer.
Thanks. I was afraid it would lead back to the dealership for this simple task. Don't understand why BMW would remove this option for the user to perform.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
Legitimate
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: DEATH TO NlGGERS

It will always have a setting, even after resetting. I suggest just taking the time to go as default as possible then saving that setting. The dealership will try to make you pay at least an hour of labor to reset it for you if they even can. If the setting is in the car, see if unplugging the battery for an hour does anything.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
Ben_XI
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legitimate View Post
It will always have a setting, even after resetting. I suggest just taking the time to go as default as possible then saving that setting. The dealership will try to make you pay at least an hour of labor to reset it for you if they even can. If the setting is in the car, see if unplugging the battery for an hour does anything.
Actually, only two of the six memory keys have a setting. The previous owner has one map and one phone number set to them. The other four are empty and show up as "--" when my fingers hover above them.

You're right. The dealer will probably charge me at least half-hour for this reset. Haven't asked them yet, but I'm sure there is a charge associated with this.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #6
kennyt
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5M

sorry I thought you were talking about the car key. Try pressing buttons 1 and 6 simultaneously and hold for 5 seconds.
Appreciate 0