XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
new BMW X5 owner

Hi guys last night after 22 years driving VWs (from 1986 Golf D to 2012 Passat CC R) I bought myself 2011 X5 xDrive35i Premium. I’ve been looking around for X5 for some time and finally decided to buy one. Unfortunately the 2014 model was out of my reach financially but the test drive was awesome. I ended up buying 2011 model Black Sapphire/Oyster combination with Technology and Convenient packages, running boards. The car has 30K miles with price tag of $43000, it has warranty that should be good for at least another 2 years. I drove this car and like the way it handled and acted upon acceleration. There were couple of issues I was concerned with, first, the car was making weird noises when first started (I assume the car wasn’t driven for some time and that cold noise was expected), after it ran for few minutes the noise went away, second, the check engine light was on, based on computer message it was caused by battery discharging, I was told that check engine light will be taking care of by the time of delivery this Friday afternoon. I’m trading in my 2012 VW CC and I’m familiar with most of technology options cars have available this days like Bluetooth etc., but even after that I’m still overwhelmed with the amount of “toys” inside the bimmer that I need to learn somehow. Besides saying hi to everybody I want to see if I can get any suggestions as to what to look for upon delivery, is there anything of that model year I need to be concerned or maybe ask dealer for something? I would really appreciate the input.

Thanks a lot, I’m glad to finally join bimmer family
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
X5ist
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Congrats and welcome, you will enjoy your X for sure
2011 Mini Cooper S Countryman All4 -Out 2007 MB ML63 AMG- Out 2007 Acura MDX SH AWD Elite Package - Out 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey iAWD - Out 2003 Nissan Murano SE AWD - Out2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD Tech Package- Out 2001 Subaru WRX - Out 1999 Subaru Forester S - Out 2003 Toyota Matrix XR AWD - Out
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
minnmarker
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 xDrive35i, 2003 M3

Garage List
2023 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
2012 BMW X5  [0.00]
Make sure they give you both keys ($300+ to get a new one), and any other accessories they may have taken out to make it look "clean" on the lot (cargo cover, winter mats).
Make sure you get the owners manual. Some of the gadgets are not really intuitive and there are "hidden" features on BMWs that you might not know are there. e.g. The auto dimming high beams only work when the headlight switch is in the AUTO position.
Doubt it still has the original run flat tires as they typically last only 20,000 miles. If the tires are any where near worn out get some new non run flats to suite your climate and driving style.
Go to the BMW dealer if you aren't buying it at one and ask them for the maintenance records. If you ask nicely they'll probably give them to you.
Must have been hard to ditch the CC. Such a good looking car.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #4
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Thanks so much for replies, I will ask for second set of keys if they not gonna give it to me right away. I actually just send them email asking if all my "issues" such as noise and check engine light were resolved, I also asked them for Y cable for iPhone/iPod and for rubber mats, let's see what they'll say. I also want to get delivery inside the dealer shop (it's a BMW dealer) as I didn't see the car during the day light, tomorrow the delivery at 5:30pm and it's gonna be dark again. Good point on flats, I doubt they will replace my tires but it doesn't hurt to ask!
As far as CC, yes you right this car is very good, it's R Line which is kind of M for BMW. I will probably miss it but I wanted X5 for such a long time so I think I'll be fine. I only had it for 2 years and didn't do any mods to it so it's pretty much stock, I still miss my previous B5.5 which I had for almost 10 years and modified everything from suspension and engine to body kit and Monoblock rims, that car won many GTG trophies for best in show (yes I used to be crazy enthusiast (before kids, wife etc.)) I still miss that car
Appreciate 0