XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
Blondebimmerbabe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Question about new order tracking

I just ordered a new X5 35d on June 9th. I emailed my salesman about a production number or a VIN. He sent me the production number. I went to the website and can't find the page for tracking a new order.
I bought a 135i in 2008 and was able to track it from Germany to Oxnard CA and finally to my dealer.

Have they changed the website as it pertains to tracking in the years since I bought my one? Is it too early to track?

I've heard the X5 is made in SC but still comes to the West coast via the Panama canal?

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Blondebimmerbabe; 07-16-2012 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: wrong forum
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
Blondebimmerbabe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

oops! sorry wrong forum!
      07-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
bmw-x6
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebimmerbabe View Post
I just ordered a new X5 35d on June 9th. I emailed my salesman about a production number or a VIN. He sent me the production number. I went to the website and can't find the page for tracking a new order.
I bought a 135i in 2008 and was able to track it from Germany to Oxnard CA and finally to my dealer.

Have they changed the website as it pertains to tracking in the years since I bought my one? Is it too early to track?

I've heard the X5 is made in SC but still comes to the West coast via the Panama canal?

Any thoughts?
Go to https://www.bmwusa.com/secured/content/forms/login.aspx
If you are not registered, you will need to. Once you are in, click on the link "add/remove vehicle". You can call BMWNA (800-831-1117) option 2. The 800# has updated info than the website. Also you CA can check the status for you.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
bradh2238
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 M

Not sure how shipping works, but there is definitely a few system issues. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty impressed BMW even has something like this. However, this online system is frequently a few days behind the actual status. Plus, I have been told it isn't always accurate with respect to color or options. Mine said Sapphire black for weeks before changing to Carbon Black. Also, some of the options are not showing up online. If you have concerns, your dealer can run a report and email you with a proper update and order listing based on their system. I was worried, until the dealer showed me their system and everything was perfect. Enjoy your new vehicle!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
macd1995
macd1995
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328CI, 2013 X6 5.0

Garage List
2008 BMW 328 CI  [0.00]
2013 BMW X6  [0.00]
Confirmed that online system is not accurate. If it were, my vehicle would have been shipped in mid June (it still have not shipped). Phone number is helpful. CA should have the most accurate information (per experience and BMW customer service)
Appreciate 0