XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
Kerrazy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X6M

Anyone experience these Issues with there X???

So almost every time I drive my 2011 X6M for First trip of the day, within 5 - min of drive my fan (Heater/Ac climate) lets out 1 to 3 intermittent very short bursts of air..Just blows like full speed for half to one second??? does it one to 3 or 4 times spaced out by 10 - 20 seconds?? so strange...the bars that indicate the fan speed do not go up with the blast either....Today after it let out its first burst I tried messing with it and turning up the fan,,it increased the bars for fan speed but delayed maybe 5 sec then cranked on fans....It does this only on first trip of day..never again for day.

Odd factory program clearing itself out? Gremlin? resistor? Just curious if anyone has seen this.

Separate issue: Twice now I have gotten in started up and lost all my speakers,,,no radio no door chime, no seatbelt chime... Has done it twice. Its at the dealer now, Guessing amp is faulty.

Good news well in its due for oil change, air filter, spark plug time..So baby will come back all fresh haha. That part of warranty I love!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 03:01 PM   #2
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

My 2013 X6M a/c does that occasionally, not as frequently as you state. Usually due to some combination of windows or sunroof open and cold air outside. I think it's a programming glitch. Can't reproduce it so I haven't taken it in for this. It's happened less than 10 times in 24k miles.

Never had the speaker thing happen, but one time I started the car, and the iDrive screen went red then blank. IDrive worked when I randomly pressed to change from radio to media, but the screen was off. Restarted the car and all was fine, never happened again.

:
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
Rygel XXV
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrazy
So almost every time I drive my 2011 X6M for First trip of the day, within 5 - min of drive my fan (Heater/Ac climate) lets out 1 to 3 intermittent very short bursts of air..Just blows like full speed for half to one second??? does it one to 3 or 4 times spaced out by 10 - 20 seconds?? so strange...the bars that indicate the fan speed do not go up with the blast either....Today after it let out its first burst I tried messing with it and turning up the fan,,it increased the bars for fan speed but delayed maybe 5 sec then cranked on fans....It does this only on first trip of day..never again for day.

Odd factory program clearing itself out? Gremlin? resistor? Just curious if anyone has seen this.

Separate issue: Twice now I have gotten in started up and lost all my speakers,,,no radio no door chime, no seatbelt chime... Has done it twice. Its at the dealer now, Guessing amp is faulty.

Good news well in its due for oil change, air filter, spark plug time..So baby will come back all fresh haha. That part of warranty I love!
I posted recently about something going wrong with my AC, turned out to be leaking hoses. Whole dash had to be pulled, dealer quote was $4500 but got it done by Dinan. With a 20% off coupon, was around $3K.

If you're under warranty, definitely ask about this since my Dinan advisor said he'd gotten a lot of inquiries about this exact problem specific to X5s and X6s.
Appreciate 0