XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
retusn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Finally TPMS light is out

I bought a set of winter rims before I picked up my X5M in November. After putting on the rims the TPMS sensor would not reset. I kept getting "Resetting TPM...). It never gave a fault but just kept trying to reset. Looking at the part numbers I found two different ones. The first was good until 10/10 and the other good from 10/10 to... Come to find out BMW made a change in September 2010 and the old sensors will not communicate with the newer computers.
I bought a set of replacement sensors from Tirerack and had them put on and the system has now reset!! The little light was driving me crazy with the little warning triangle in the odometer window.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
Jlam86
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 e70 4.8i

congrats! i know how frustrating these little lights can be lol!! had the same thing.

now on to the squeaks and rattles lol
Appreciate 0