XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

x6M color combo

Guys, I am in the market for an x6M to replace my x6 5.0 lease. I test drove a black x6M (same color as I have now) and was underwhelmed by the look, for some reason it didn’t look as powerful and masculine as I would have expected. It feels to me that a red, blue or white colors bring out the x6m’s character better.

I would be interested in hearing other people’s views. If you have pics of your x6m, please post them as well.

Thanks.

Alex.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

My personal best is monte carlo blue with cinnemon inside..but consider one more thing..next generation x6 F16 Is going to be released next year...new model is much more atractive...Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
aas5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
My personal best is monte carlo blue with cinnemon inside..but consider one more thing..next generation x6 F16 Is going to be released next year...new model is much more atractive...Cheers!
I know and that's certainly something I am considering but in reality the next x6M won't be out before the summer of 2015 at the earliest (I don't think x5m is out yet) and I am also not a fan of the new x5 design. I am sure the new design will grow on me but for now I don't like it much.

Also, there is usually no lease support by BMW on M models but there is a significant support now as the old body is being phased out. I looked into leasing an x6m three years ago and the 10K mile residual was ~46% vs. 57% now with a very low interest rate which makes a lease a lot more attractive
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
BigBobDeuce
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6M

Garage List
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
I got a 2012 X6M (build date 4/2011) in Monte Carlo Blue, with the black perforated interior and the carbon leather finishers. It's a great combination.

Previously, I had a 2009 X6 50i in Deep Sea Blue Metallic, with the saddle brown leather and the dark wood trim. It was OK, but since most of the "ancillary" parts in the interior are black (dash, glove box, lower dash, steering wheel, center console, etc.), it seemed like there was a lot going on color-wise. I was glad I switched to the black/black interior--it's much more uniform.

I will say that in the X6M with cinnamon interior, I understand that the lower dash (below the glove box) is also cinnamon in color. This is different from the non-M X6s with colored interior (where the lower dash remains black). This "color creep" I think definitely improves the look of the brown interior. If you go this route, I'd get the carbon leather or aluminum finishing trims for the best overall appearance.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
reihani
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
Guys, I am in the market for an x6M to replace my x6 5.0 lease. I test drove a black x6M (same color as I have now) and was underwhelmed by the look, for some reason it didn’t look as powerful and masculine as I would have expected. It feels to me that a red, blue or white colors bring out the x6m’s character better.

I would be interested in hearing other people’s views. If you have pics of your x6m, please post them as well.

Thanks.

Alex.
Mugello red interior on alpine white is hands down the best combo in my opinion. the problem with black M's are that its harder to miss the massive air intakes and know that it is an M car. while on a white car it really stands out. The red interior only goes hand in hand with a few exterior colours. best combo is white, followed by the greyish silver. If you want to go all out, go with the monte carlo blue and red interior. also, make sure you get the full led headlights.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #6
aas5
Captain
Rep

Thank you both. Can you post or email me any pics of your car. I think I'm getting closer to ordering one of the following combos:

- MC blue with black interior
- MC blue with red interior (but suspect this may be too much)
- A white with red interior

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #7
aas5
Captain
Rep

Also, do you guys like the full led lights primarily from a design perspective or from a functionality perspective?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
reihani
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
Also, do you guys like the full led lights primarily from a design perspective or from a functionality perspective?
Both! But it really adds to the look of the car. I'd also recommend the aluminum hood.
check this out. http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=794084
Myself, I went with the white and red.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #9
aas5
Captain
Rep

BigBobDeuce, did you feel a huge difference in driving x6m vs. a 5.0? worth the trade up?
Appreciate 0