XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-13-2015, 07:32 AM   #1
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, X5 50i Msport, EscaHoe

Comfort Access not working

I bought this 50i back in October and haven't had any issues with it till now...I went to open the drivers side door with the key fob in my pocket as I do everyday and nothing happened...So I used the key fob to unlock the doors and attempted to start the truck without using the key fob and nothing happened...I slid the key fob in and the truck started no problem so I figured maybe the key fob battery was dead and replaced it...I tried opening and starting the truck without using the key fob and got the same result again nothing happened??? I know the battery works because I put it in my other key fob I use for my other BMW with CA...Has this happened to anyone else or is the truck going to need to be recoded by BMW?

Last edited by Cattivo; 01-13-2015 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 09:47 AM   #2
Jalndrs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo123
I bought this 50i back in October and haven't had any issues with it till now...I went to open the drivers side door with the key fob in my pocket as I do everyday and nothing happened...So I used the key fob to unlock the doors and attempted to start the truck without using the key fob and nothing happened...I slid the key fob in and the truck starts no problem so I figured maybe the battery was dead and replaced it...I tried opening and starting the truck without using the key fob and got the same result again nothing happened??? I know the battery works because I put it in my other key fob I use for my other BMW with CA...Has this happened to anyone else or is the truck going to need to be recoded by BMW?
Yes, you will probably start to get the "increased battery discharge" alert on your navigation. This is part of their most recent "recall". I took mine in for the same problem last week and got a new battery.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 09:56 AM   #3
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalndrs View Post
Yes, you will probably start to get the "increased battery discharge" alert on your navigation. This is part of their most recent "recall". I took mine in for the same problem last week and got a new battery.
I haven't gotten any message on my screen besides adding 1 qt of oil lately but ill keep an eye on it
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 12:01 PM   #4
Jalndrs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo123
Quote:
I haven't gotten any message on my screen besides adding 1 qt of oil lately but ill keep an eye on it
Have you called the dealer to schedule the work?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 02:08 PM   #5
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep

Not yet because I want to make sure I can drop it off (instead of my care free wife lol) and let them know about the N63 Service Bulletin and other recalls I've been reading about on here
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 04:47 PM   #6
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Uh oh, I knew nothing of this and saw the "increased battery discharge" notification last week, but dismissed it because it was cold outside.

There is really a recall for this?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 05:59 PM   #7
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Uh oh, I knew nothing of this and saw the "increased battery discharge" notification last week, but dismissed it because it was cold outside.

There is really a recall for this?
I'm not sure...have you had trouble with your CA as well?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 06:24 PM   #8
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo123 View Post
I'm not sure...have you had trouble with your CA as well?
Not once. My CA is fantastic. Everything I've asked for to be repaired, has indeed been repaired.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 06:25 AM   #9
trev230
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

I had a similar problem on my 50i. One of my doors wouldn't unlock when the fob was in my pocket. The comfort access sensor on that door had gone back. Also, I was receiving the battery warning so they replaced the battery. This was about 6-7 months ago.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 08:45 AM   #10
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep

I haven't received any increased battery discharge messages on my screen which puzzles me because doing a search on this I read that 9 out of 10 times its due to a bad or low battery or that the truck may need to be reflashed by BMW...any of these problems can affect your CA...I replaced my key fob battery and my CA was still not working..... I just talked to my sa and apparently my 50i is affected by the N63 Service Bulletin BMW recently released, so I have an appointment on Feb. 9 to drop it off and was told that I would get whatever car(loaner) was available on their lot that day...I told them to put in their notes that I want something BIG enough for a baby seat....hopefully they'll give me a 5 series or X3 with good all season or winter tires since February in NY can be brutal with snow...good thing I just spent over $2k on a winter setup that will be sitting in a dealership for God knows how long!
Appreciate 0