XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-15-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
14bmws
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Got my new baby tonight!

Ok, I have to admit I was a little sad walking away from my M3 tonight. I felt bad, and Owen, 13, almost cried. It was a great car that delivered more smiles per mile than any other car I have owned.

The new X5 35i sport is quite beautiful, and it definitely has a presence of it's own. Black saffire over a full leather black nappa interior. The stitched dash and doors are gorgeous, as is the mixure of rich looking aluminum and dark bamboo wood trim. The comfort multi contour seats are amazing. The kids love all the HVAC controls in the back seat, heated rears and the huge double tilting sunroof.

I am very impressed with the drive. The turbo six mated to the 8 speed tranny is butter smooth, and while it will never be mistaken for an M3, the car handles astonishingly well for a 5000 pound suv, excuse me, sav.

My only gripe is with the run flats, and those will be off the car and disposed of the first chance I get. The toll they take on ride quality and comfort is simply unacceptable.

Timing could not be worse. I parked the car in my garage with 18 miles on it tonight and we are flying to Disney for nine days with the kids at 6 am tomorrow morning. As soon as I get home and give it a full detail (the dealer put minimal effort into detailing the car for delivery) I will take some really nice photos and post some for you guys. The black/black with the big wheels looks exceptional, and the nappa and comfort seat upgrade put the interior into a completely different league.

Very impressed thus far.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 12:44 AM   #2
jacb1301
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d AW-Tobacco

Sounds very nice. I think if it were completely up to me I would do something very similiar, the black on black or maybe the dark grey on black. Enjoy Disney...we are due for a trip soon too. So with the sport you have the black headliner....so it's all black all the way? Nice!
      09-16-2011, 04:25 AM   #3
gilbertfg
Turning wrenches for the USA since 2001!
Rep
Drives: G80

Garage List
2023 BMW  [0.00]
I know how you feel man! I had my M3 detailed before putting to storage and thinking I'll drive her again after my deployment. NOPE.... Had to trade it in due to a new member of the family. Wife was kind of sad; sad for me because I'm losing my baby lol.. X5 it is, space for baby stuffs...
Appreciate 0