XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
Triple M
Doc Rebel!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange M3, X5M, Blk 135

Fuel system & issue never ends

Since we bought our 2010 X5M (brand new back then), it's been one fuel injector issue after another after 29,000. Even though all 8 were the same batch, they would only change the once that were broken. Long behold, the rest failed after 2 months. Last issue was fuel pump needing to be changed. Vehicle is now stating to shake vigourously on cold starts with "engine Malfunction" popping up briefly every morning (got another appointment for tomorrow), this is after they had just fixed my intake manifold vacuum/pressure sensor.
I'm now terrified on even trying to put a tune or downpipes if I'm having this much issue on an oem status.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
miller
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M

I was having a similar issue with my '10 X5M (40K miles), including rough idling, check engine light and "Engine Malfunction." The dealership never diagnosed any bad injectors, but I am currently waiting on a back-ordered fuel system part. I haven't received all the details, but I believe the service writer mentioned a fuel pressure regulator. Not sure if that is correct, but either way, it's estimated I'll get my vehicle back in early March.

It is a shame that a vehicle like this has any issues, but at least the dealership has been good to me and they're letting keep a loaner until the truck is finished.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
Triple M
Doc Rebel!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange M3, X5M, Blk 135

They have definitely been good about addressing issues with the car. The frustration is is having to keep going with one thing after another for a car that costs over 100k. Painful. I wonder if post-2011 production series are having same issues. Our 3rd BMW (135) which apparently runs piezo injectore had multiple injector issues as well whci was basically fixed by the redesigned injectors in the 2011(N55 135 model). I wonder if later models of the X5M had any injector upgrades. Starting to look into the whole fuel system cleaner reccomendations I've came across when our 135 started having injector issues as well. We would love to keep our baby especially since wife isn't feeling the shape of the 2014 X5, and not having yet experienced the car with tune/DPas we approach 50k
Appreciate 0