XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-02-2023, 01:33 PM   #1
former 240 s14
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 Comp E92 & 2008 E90 S65

Exclamation Help/Clarification Needed M57 Injector Code 4592

Hello Community,

I have an E70 X5 with the M57 that recently had an injector (Cylinder 4) go out. The vehicle had a carbon clean and hit a pothole about 10k miles ago and was done before the injector failed. I ordered a new injector, installed,, coded and reset injector adaptations using my Autel MaxiApp200. Now the X5 runs great at highway speeds but struggles to find it's idle and is a bit stumbly at take-off. I randomly get two codes for cylinder 4:

4592 Smooth running controller, cylinder 4
P0304 Cylinder 4 misfire detected

I have been researching on the forums and it sounds like there was a software update and adaptation reset for the inremental wheel sensor that fixed alot of these issues but I am not sure if my issue is tied to this.

For anyone who fixed their X5 using this method I have a question, did you have multiple cylinder codes or just a single/combo of injectors?

Just trying to find the root cause of the issue and fix this for good.

Thanks in advance!

Rubin
Appreciate 0