XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-16-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
conors
Registered
Rep
Drives: 08 X5 3.0i Black on Black

Promised Comfort Seats, X5 arrived without them, Any idea what my options are?

Hey Folks,

I ordered my X5 3.0i in Vancouver a few weeks ago and i got it with Black/Black, Premium package, Sport Package, and various other options. Before i test drove one I had been looking at a lexus rx400h (was actually on my way to sign for it when i passed the beemer garage and popped in for a quick look!!) I was blown away by the comfort seats and the comfort access/push button start and the Lexus was toast. Anyway, into the office and i signed on the spot. There was a bit of haggling picking out a model but i got one with the packages above. In the process of looking at the models i asked the rep 3 times "This has the comfort seats and Access?" and he said Yes yes, its included with the premium package and sport package..

Anyway, to cut a long story short the car arrived today, i signed the lease, stuck the insurance on the credit card and then got the tour of the car. Sure enough the Comfort seats were missing. At first the rep said he made a mistake and "sorry, what can you do huh?" I told him tough, dont care, i want my seats, thats what i paid for. I got the boss involved and predictably he siad its not in the contract so tough luck. If i wanted i could have another car with the seats and a premium sound system for $3k more... Said BMW dont sell options seperatly so they cant just add them in etc etc.. My argument is that i was given a price including seats so why should i pay more for it now??

Anyway, 3 hours of arguing later i left the garage and said id call back monday to talk to the head man but i havent much confidence in getting it sorted...

Did anyone else have a similar experience? Any suggestions on what to do?

By the way i paid $68,000 + tax

Cheers,

Conors

Last edited by conors; 08-16-2008 at 11:32 PM.. Reason: Clarity
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 12:17 AM   #2
yashBMW
Superior Genral
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 750Li

hey dude.I to ordered a new x5 4.8i a few weeks back.I had no problems cause i took the options list to the Head person and told him to sign it to show that there where no problems.I suggest you go back to the BMW dealer and tell him and explain to him that you had paid for the comfort seats and comfort access.If he still does not listen to you get a lawyer and file a case!(seriously)
Best Of Luck
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

The two X5 I ordered were custom-built and all the options requested were
shown on the contract with their code and I cross-checked everything before
taking delivery.

It's BS that they tell you that BMW don't sell options separately. Their web site gives the list of options available outside of the packages.

As for your specific case and that is really my uneducated opinion unless you
can demonstrate that the vehicle does not match the specs in the contract I
am afraid you are getting stuck with this vehicle.

"sorry, what can you do huh?" I can't believe he had the nerve to
tell you that. How strong was the urge to strangle the guy?

I would suggest to seek legal advice on this.

Good luck.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #4
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Did you actually order a car from the factory? Do you have a copy of the order with the options?

Did you agree on price with said options?

It sounds like the the dealer simply found a vehicle on a lot at another dealer and transferred it and you signed for it without looking at the options it was equipped with. In this case you are out of luck.