XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-23-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
xaldin
Rep
Drives: '07 328i Sedan

Exclamation Problems with a 2005 BMW X5 4.4i

I was wondering what problems people have been encountering because recently, my dad has had so many problems that he doesn't know what to do... This car only has around 25,000 miles which should be nothing for such a great car.

The most recent problems that he's encountered are as follows:

1) severe shift shock. I live on a steep hill, and the shift shock has been getting worse and worse. This was fixed once when it used to give out a sound that sounded like a canon whenever it shifted when it was going uphill.
2) The sunroof doesn't close properly. You need to push the button forward probably a good 40-50 times before it finally closes. It moves about 1-2 inches with each push of the button.
3) Any sharp turn produces a slight squeak. This really isn't a problem as much as annoying.
4) The parking sensors will beep when and after the car has been in reverse for quite a while even if the car is in an empty parking lot.
5) The locks don't lock always. For example, if I were to have one door open when I pushed the lock button, and then close the door, the door will close but not lock.
6) The downhill speed control makes a ton of noise...
7) The tire senors give a warning for a flat tire even without a flat. This has already been fixed once.

Sorry that I'm just kinda blabbing on about problems, but it's kinda annoying that with a car that has such low mileage that it would encounter so many problems so soon. I question if I got a lemon...

Are there any other problems that anyone else has had that I should check for before I bring it in for service.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 09:26 AM   #2
BRDHNTR
Ground Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 BMW M3

Garage List
2002 M3  [0.00]
2008 e92 M3  [0.00]
That sucks. I feel bad for your dad because normally I would say it is time to trade it in, but I just read (don't remember where) that the car to take the most depreciation right now is the 2005 BMW X5 4.4i, what a bad coincidence. Good Luck

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 09:43 AM   #3
BRDHNTR
Ground Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 BMW M3

Garage List
2002 M3  [0.00]
2008 e92 M3  [0.00]
I found the article. Maybe he can file for lemon law.
http://jalopnik.com/396774/used-truc...t-three-months

Appreciate 0