XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
Roger_Calabasas
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6

Question G3 iPhone Compatibility with My 2009 X6

Just got my 2009 X6. Fun to drive, but not so fun to use. :-( Big regressions in iDrive as compared to the 2006 7-series I just gave up - and other issues that are just a bummer. But here's my big one: When I am on a phone call on my G3 iPhone handset and get into my car and turn the car on, instead of going onto the phone's speaker system immediately (as my 2006 7-series used to do perfectly!), it cuts off the audio completely. It doesn't go onto the speaker system AND it cuts off the handset, as well. (At the same time, it takes literally 2 minutes to download my phone book - and I only have 20 phone numbers in my phone book!!) The dealer tells me that the G3 iPhone is not supported and it's my own problem, but then why did it work so perfectly with my 3-year-old 7-series?!? Would be grateful for any solution/workaround anyone can offer me. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
JeepJeep
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: everywhere

Im assuming you've looked through the manual and appropriate iDrive menus to see if its just the way the car is set-up?

I know that the iPhone has had many problems with connection - I saw a test where two identical iPhones next to each other were getting different levels of reception - so this could just be it.

Sorry it doesn't work, do you think maybe theres an update that you might not have gotten?
      05-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
G5Ti
Purveyor of fine roads.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i

Not sure as to workarounds, but the BMW bluetooth works fine with the two original iPhones and two iPhone 3Gs in our household. Audio works as it did for your 7-series... the phonebook is a bit slow to download, but only on the first pairing.

Perhaps it's an iDrive thing?
      05-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

I have 2g iphone and don't see the problem, usually switches to in car before I sit down. This is just pure iphone no headset/earbud ?

update: now have 3gs iphone works ok.

Last edited by dmlgc; 08-25-2009 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 0