XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

11-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #45
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kant View Post
LeBron's not going to beat you with his 3-point shooting, and MJ and Kobe can.
clearly, one of the dumbest things i've read......

MJ only hit more than 100 3pfg's twice in his 19 year career.....

King James has made twice as many 3ptfg's as MJ in half of his playing career...

Kobe statistically shot a hair less than King James, but Kobe jacked up 350+ attempts 6 times in the last 9 years. that's just ugly.

not only that, but King Jame's FG% has gone up every single year for the last 7 years...

Last edited by Litos; 11-07-2013 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #46
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

just take a look at each player's best season ever:

MJ (1990-91): 31.5 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 5.5 apg, 2.7 steals per game, 54% shooting, 31% three-point shooting, 85% free-throw shooting. Won the NBA championship, MVP, Finals MVP, scoring title

LeBron (2012-13)*: 26.8 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 7.3 apg, 1.7 steals per game, 56% shooting, 39% three-point shooting, 75% free-throw shooting. Won the NBA championship, MVP and Finals MVP

^^^ that season that King James put together last year is better than Jordan's best season, AND HE IS ONLY 28 YEARS OLD !!!!

Quote:
LeBron has played basketball differently than we've ever seen it played this year. He doesn't have a position, which really means he can play any position. Offensively, he can post up, hit threes, drive to the basket, and be his team's primary distributor. Defensively, he can guard a bulky power forward one possession and Rajon Rondo the next possession.

MJ, while a more lethal scorer and skillful player, was not the hybridized, physical freak that LeBron is.

LeBron will never be able to score like Jordan did, but at this exact point in his career, LeBron James can do things Michael Jordan could never do. The 2012-13 version of LeBron is a better rebounder, better passer, and more efficient (albeit less dominant) all-around offensive player.

And that's the essence of why LeBron can be the best player ever: He can do anything he wants on the court, and that destroys our traditional expectations of his potential.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #47
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Porsche Cayman

Garage List
I've been watching basketball for at least 35 years. Michael Jordan is best I've ever seen!!! If I were old enough to have seen Wilt Chamberlain perhaps I'd feel differently but I'm not and I don't. Kobe is a similar but not Mike. Lebron doesn't have the heart or killer instinct of either of them. Lebron is a great player though.
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #48
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

what about greg oden? i kid, carry on!

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #49
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNate View Post
I've been watching basketball for at least 35 years. Michael Jordan is best I've ever seen!!! If I were old enough to have seen Wilt Chamberlain perhaps I'd feel differently but I'm not and I don't. Kobe is a similar but not Mike. Lebron doesn't have the heart or killer instinct of either of them. Lebron is a great player though.

No heart of killer instinct?

RIGHT...

Haters gonna hate.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #50
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Porsche Cayman

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3
Quote:

No heart of killer instinct?

RIGHT...

Haters gonna hate.
Whatever.
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #51
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
I also have been watching basketball for over 65 years. MJ was the best I've ever seen!!! I've played with Kareem, Bird, Chamberlain, Russell in my younger days and they are no where close to Jordan. Kobe is a good copy of Jordan but not quite Jordan. But Bron? King James is the best and the best there ever will be.

Litos, them Rockets doing great right now. You lucky bastard.
      11-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #52
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kant View Post
What? In which sense did LeBron have a better season than Jordan's best? MJ scored nearly 5 ppg higher, 1 more steal/game, 10% better free throws, and won the scoring title. I think your ability to deduce and analyze statistics might need some work...

And, so we are comparing individual seasons now to see who is better? Clearly one of the dumbest things I've read...
but Bron rebounded more, had waaaay more assists (which makes everyone around him better), shot a rediculous 56% from the field and crushed Jordan's laughable inability to shoot the 3......

not only that, but he did it weighing 65 more pounds and being 2" taller.

it's hilarious when Jordan's stupid ass said he could take Bron 1on1.....

Jordan was a 210lb kid and he's 2" shorter. he'd get his shit pushed in like a prisoner.

back in the day, when MJ was running a fast break with a full head of steam, teams could easily fould him and keep him from going to the rack.

nowadays, King James with a full head of steam puts the fear of God into anyone standing in front of him - NO ONE wants to stand in front of Bron.

think about this - Bron is BIGGER AND FASTER than Tony Gonzalez.

NO ONE in the league wants to step in front of him - it would be like going to someone's burial.

hell, Bron is even bigger and faster than Clay Mathews and Aldon Smith....
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #53
evo335xi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

I don't think people stay away from lebron when he drives because they are scared lol. 1-they don't want 3 point plays for tic tac fouls and 2-defense and big men have different definitions
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #54
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

if your life was to be decided on a basketball game, who would you pass the ball to?

no brainer here... jordan

oh, and jordan made/makes a lot more money overall. nobody will buy kobe's shoe (if he still has one) after he retires. and if you think lebron's shoe (does he even have clothes?) is hotter than any pair of j's, you're an idiot.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #55
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosster hymen View Post
if your life was to be decided on a basketball game, who would you pass the ball to?

no brainer here... jordan

oh, and jordan made/makes a lot more money overall. nobody will buy kobe's shoe (if he still has one) after he retires. and if you think lebron's shoe (does he even have clothes?) is hotter than any pair of j's, you're an idiot.
I'd pass to Jordan too but talking about who makes more money is irrelevant here. Nike built an empire around Jordan and made him and his brand (Jumpman) legendary. Jordan was extremely marketable and although he's retired, kids nowadays still buy it even though they haven't even seen him play once. Its a brand, a great fucking brand. Sort of like how Nike is with Tiger. Rory might turn out to be a better golfer but his name/brand will never surpass Tiger's.

Will Kobe or Lebron ever have such brand image? I doubt it but this discussion is about playing ability and my vote is for LeBron for all round greatness.
      11-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #56
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo335xi View Post
I don't think people stay away from lebron when he drives because they are scared lol.
yes they are.

teams would try to crush Jordan on the 80's/90's to send a message, especially during the playoffs.

Bron doesn't get that, because 95% of the league would get HURT trying to stand in front of a 6'8" 275lb LeBron that runs as fast as Calvin Johnson...

Jordan scared people with his athletic ability, his jump shot, his quick first step and his uncanny ability to finish at the rim - Bron does all those things, but he can do it playing all 5 positions on the floor.

that's what serparates good from great. if you can play G, PG, PF, SF and Center at any given moment during the regular season and playoffs, win MVP's and collect rings, then you have defined greatness....

can you imagine Jordan posting up Hakeem or Ewing or Robinson !?!? nope, because he didn't possess those elite traits.

Bron does - and Bron will post up Dwight, he'll post up Anthony Davis, he'll post up Kevin Garnett and completely smash his colon in.

Bron can also pass a basketball at 40mph BACKHANDED from the 3 point line and hit Wade straight in his sternum under the basket.

Jordan only wishes he possessed Bron's strength in the post and Bron's passing ability....

seriously, watch Bron make a backhanded pass on a rope from 20 feet away - it gets there in a hurry.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #57
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Jordan > Lebron

Jordan may not have the physical attributes of Lebron, but he has the better winning mentality. Lebron has been to the finals 4 times, and brought home 2 rings. It would have been ONE ring save for Ray Allen's heroics in the final seconds of game 6 last year, following a missed 3 pointer by Lebron...

Jordan always found a way to win. Hence, 6 finals trips, 6 rings.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #58
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Jordan > Lebron

Jordan may not have the physical attributes of Lebron, but he has the better winning mentality. Lebron has been to the finals 4 times, and brought home 2 rings. It would have been ONE ring save for Ray Allen's heroics in the final seconds of game 6 last year, following a missed 3 pointer by Lebron...

Jordan always found a way to win. Hence, 6 finals trips, 6 rings.
Yes but the final's require a team effort, Ker, Paxson, Harper and Pip made big shots for the Bulls and Rodman handled the boards like no other, and If I remember correctly (i was in grade school then) they had a guy named
Bison Dele a beast as well, dude passed away though I think not sure.

MJ had a better front line up and bench, but we are talking one on one here
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #59
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukuss View Post
Yes but the final's require a team effort, Ker, Paxson, Harper and Pip made big shots for the Bulls and Rodman handled the boards like no other, and If I remember correctly (i was in grade school then) they had a guy named
Bison Dele a beast as well, dude passed away though I think not sure.

MJ had a better front line up and bench, but we are talking one on one here
You probably are too young to remember but in Jordan's first 3 peat, he ONLY had Pippen and that's it. Paxson was a role player, not a major contributor.

As for Jordan's second 3-peat, Pippen, and Rodman aren't better than Wade, Bosh, and the Mavs wrecked the Heat when their big 3 finally got to the finals the first time. Leadership is leadership, and Jordan was simply the better leader.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #60
Pcprograms
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i xDrive

Jordan beats Kobe

and Kobe Beats Lebron period.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #61
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You probably are too young to remember but in Jordan's first 3 peat, he ONLY had Pippen and that's it. Paxson was a role player, not a major contributor.

As for Jordan's second 3-peat, Pippen, and Rodman aren't better than Wade, Bosh, and the Mavs wrecked the Heat when their big 3 finally got to the finals the first time. Leadership is leadership, and Jordan was simply the better leader.
Yes to young, and we can go back and forth on who had the better team, but the original question was who would win in a one on one game between the three.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #62
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes to young, and we can go back and forth on who had the better team, but the original question was who would win in a one on one game between the three.
Yes, but my point was Jordan won because of his leadership, mentality, and overall basketball IQ, not because he had a better "front line", which is clearly untrue when you compare LB having Wade and Bosh to Jordan only having Pippen for his first 3 peat.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #63
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, but my point was Jordan won because of his leadership, mentality, and overall basketball IQ, not because he had a better "front line", which is clearly untrue when you compare LB having Wade and Bosh to Jordan only having Pippen for his first 3 peat.
Jordan would beat Kobe (i can't stand copy cats), Lebron is a beast, he would give Jordan all kinds of problems, but like i stated earlier in this thread I would pay all kinds of cash to see it lol...Chicago had a better team, Bosh is over rated and D-wade has been hurt, the edge goes to the Bulls
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #64
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Chicago had a better team, Bosh is over rated and D-wade has been hurt, the edge goes to the Bulls
I challenge you to find TWO players on the Chicago Bulls team besides MJ himself from 1991, 1992, 1993 who are better than "overrated" Bosh, and "hurt" Wade who averaged 25.5 points per game the first season the Heats Big 3 were together, and played every single game in the playoffs averaging 44 minutes per game.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #65
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I challenge you to find TWO players on the Chicago Bulls team besides MJ himself from 1991, 1992, 1993 who are better than "overrated" Bosh, and "hurt" Wade who averaged 25.5 points per game the first season the Heats Big 3 were together, and played every single game in the playoffs averaging 44 minutes per game.
Pipen is an all around better player than Wade, took chicago to the Finals without Jordan, down low I would take Horace Grant over Bosh any day, or Dele, what the Bulls had though were a bunch of players that played Well together as a"team" in fact both of the three peat teams had a great well balance team, basketball is a team sport, Jordan needed Pipen just like Lebron needs wade. Do you think Miami's going to three peat?

Jordan Is my Man, But Lebron is a beast I don't think MJ can beat him in a game of 1 one 1.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #66
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Pipen is an all around better player than Wade, took chicago to the Finals without Jordan, down low I would take Horace Grant over Bosh any day, or Dele, what the Bulls had though were a bunch of players that played Well together as a"team" in fact both of the three peat teams had a great well balance team, basketball is a team sport, Jordan needed Pipen just like Lebron needs wade. Do you think Miami's going to three peat?

Jordan Is my Man, But Lebron is a beast I don't think MJ can beat him in a game of 1 one 1.
Appreciate 0