XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-06-2017, 08:30 PM   #1
VinnyS
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5

2011 X5 - Blank Screen when on DVD??

Hey Guys,

I recently picked up a Carly dongle gen II for my F30 and my wife's 2011 E70 to do many things and one of them was to unlock the DVD in motion. Before updating, I placed the DVD that I just finished trying in my car and all I got in hers was a blank screen. The iDrive system works fine, and I can see the iDrive DVD menu on the right hand side, but it just doesn't seem to be launching the DVD.

I got another DVD to try and it did the same thing. I decided to update the CIC with Carly to unlock it and surprise surprise, it did nothing.

Has anyone ever seen this before? I've done some research online but only found iDrive screen going blank whereas my issue is the DVD screen is blank but iDrive still works.

BTW, I've watched DVDs in my wifes X5 before (in park mode) so I know the DVDs used to work before but that was years ago.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2017, 09:40 PM   #2
Ryan5034
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Garage List
Is it an actual DVD?, not like a copy or rip right?
Appreciate 0