XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
blaknite7
NewB
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335I

Unhappy Problems resetting Condition based service notifications with BT-Pro?

Has anyone ever had issue resetting service notifications in the condition based service menu with the Bavarian Technic Tool? We just recently purchased an 09 X5 which was due for the brake fluid to be changed. I have the Profession Version of the BT tool and it gives an error when trying to reset this service notification. I am able to reset the other settings (oil, brake pads…etc) but not this particular one. I entered the 2 digit month and 2 digit year and BT comes up with an error saying that this service option may not be available on the vehicle and to check the I-Drive system (which its listed in). I also found it strange that BT didn’t give me an option to enter the service count either. Both the rest and adjust options result in the error. Any idea’s?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
blaknite7
NewB
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335I

So for anyone who comes across this thread in the future… it was the BT software that was the issue. By downgrading to a previous version (1.8.6.0) I was able to get the CBS to accept on both of my cars.
Appreciate 0