XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
carlos50
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X6 35d Dynamic

Real World Ownership Cost Of X6M?

Hi all

What's the real world ownership costs of an X6M compared to standard X6 in terms of service costs due to extra work needed etc and what's the real world fuel economy compared to BMW figures?

I have a 35d now and want more hence the desire for an M car but found that the fuel figures for mine are out by 8mpg (UK figure) from the stated figures from BMW and don't fancy 8 to 10mpg regardless of cost.

I am confident it will be an amazing car but don't want to get into something very expensive to own when the 35d is relatively cheap even if the M has every spec option I wished the 35d has.

Thanks

Carl
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
Rygel XXV
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos50
Hi all

What's the real world ownership costs of an X6M compared to standard X6 in terms of service costs due to extra work needed etc and what's the real world fuel economy compared to BMW figures?

I have a 35d now and want more hence the desire for an M car but found that the fuel figures for mine are out by 8mpg (UK figure) from the stated figures from BMW and don't fancy 8 to 10mpg regardless of cost.

I am confident it will be an amazing car but don't want to get into something very expensive to own when the 35d is relatively cheap even if the M has every spec option I wished the 35d has.

Thanks

Carl
Check out edmunds.com. They have a feature on their site that gives projected ownership costs (including depreciation) over different time intervals.
Appreciate 0