XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
yahtzee
El Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast

2013 X5 x50i ///M-Sport - 72 hr review with pics

I picked it up yesterday from Sterling BMW in Northern VA. I don't typically leave dealer frames/emblems on my cars but they were exceptionally easy to work with so I'm giving them some love (ask for Danny Saboor).

Here are the specs:

Alpine White
Cinnamon Brown interior
Cold Weather package
M-Sport package
Premium package
Premium Sound
Technology package
20" double spoke 333 M wheels
Multi-Contour seats
Active Steering
BMW Apps

I detailed it from the ground up. Zaino wash, Zaino clay bar and two coats of Zaino polish. The wheels are actually not that bad to clean...hands get into pretty much every spot. I also hardwired my BEL sTI Magnum radar detector to the sunroof wire below the console. It's much easier to pop off and get to than previous cars so didn't take long to do. I am using double sided tape this time because suction cups......suck.

The best way to sum up this car after owning 3 BMW's (08 535i, 08 M3 and 08 550i) is this one feels and sounds like I am driving a 4WD M3 with 5-series build sounds (shutting doors, etc). Active steering is almost to soft (not a bad thing) at low speeds. It's very fast, very comfortable and an amazingly built automobile. BMW continues to impress me with their build quality. The tires have probably gotten more comments than anything (although the engine/exhaust has turned many heads since yesterday). One of my buddies said that the rear tires look like they are about to touch each other.

Gas mileage appears to be similar to my 550...I got 23mpg on the way home from NoVa on Monday but that dropped quite a bit around town today to around 16...I'll take it.

72 hrs in I am very happy with my X5. My wife isn't convinced I will like an SUV vs. a car based on my history but this car appears to have changed my stance on that....

One last thing - if it weren't my car it would be so fun to take this out into a field and just tear it up. More Zaino, please.

Check out my pics here - BMW X5 - Down by the River

Last edited by yahtzee; 01-10-2013 at 07:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
vezir17
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: iX 50m sport

great car

Congrats! Looks great, happy many miles...

current car.
X5 4d.M Sport 2012.
Appreciate 0