XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
euro5525
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i Premium

Please please help me.

Hey guys….

I have 2011 x5 premium bought in last December. Left front window started making noise like squeal, squeaking noise when the car got wet or weather is humid. However, I ignored and thought it would go away by itself. But I was wrong. The window has kept making noise. So I brought my car to service center, they fixed something inside left front panel to fix window which was making noise intermittently. But, the problem wasn’t resolved. So, they changed window. However, the windows still squeal intermittently.

From few weeks ago, right front window has been starting squeal. When I brought my car to service center, I met manager and I showed video file that I recorded when window squealed. And he actually heard the window making noise. And he set up appointment for the inspector came from BMW North America to inspect my car.

But, when the inspector came from BMW North America, the window didn’t make noise and then they didn’t fix anything. Right front window has been still making noise intermittently. Specially, when weather is humid or the car got wet. I have recorded couple of times when window squeal.
Right front window squeals more frequently than left side. Left side squeals rarely. Right side squeals intermittently. For instance, right side squealed in the morning and I recorded it but I didn’t have time to go to service center. Couple of hours later when I checked it before going to service center, the window didn’t squeal.

Last week I went self car wash to wet the car to show the problem. After wash the car, both front windows started squeaking. I brought my car to service center right away. And the service manager, technician and service advisor actually could hear that noise and I recorded everything.

Couple of days later, I went to service center again to pick up my car because the manager said they fixed them. But before I got back home, I tried open and close window and then windows started making noise again. It made me crazy and got mad. The manager confirmed that noise and set up another appointment for inspector coming from BMW North America on 27June2011.

After I got back home, I just tested all other windows. I felt almost crash all windows. All four windows had been making noise at that time. I recorded everything.

I dropped off my car 25June2011. The service manager tried to deal with me.

1) They are going to pay 2 months of car payment but not sure could be
one month. Then I keep the car without any more of repairment trial.

2) Replace car.

But what the service manager said I need to pay for the use of my current car. He said I need to pay 50cents per mile. Current mileage is about 6200miles. So it will be little bit over $3000. And he showed new x5 in their stock which was making window noise. He said many of x5 have this problem and he also said the inspector from BMW said it normal to x5. He asked me what if replaced car will make noise, what am I going to do? He said don’t take chance to have same issue and pay extra $3000.

What should I do?

Please please help me. Is it really true that many x5 windows squeal?

Should I pay for money to replace car
?
Please help me

I really appreciate for reading long long story and answering my questions.

Have a wonderful day.

Thank you for your help

Last edited by euro5525; 06-26-2011 at 02:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2011, 01:14 AM   #2
zz6938
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5

replace the car, you will get the LED angels , upgrade a model year and a new color combo as you wish you could even do a performance center delivery. I would have for 3K.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
gilbertfg
Turning wrenches for the USA since 2001!
Rep
Drives: G80

Garage List
2023 BMW  [0.00]
That's the problem right there, it's made in USA.... LOL
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
TYMAH123
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 SAV

I have the same problem with the driver's window, it was squeaking when the weather was colder. Now that it's 80*+ it doesn't do it that much but it is very annoying because I can see the mark that's left on the window when I roll it up. It is actually pretty visible. That's the reason I can't even put tints on the car now, the tint will get all scratched up, something is touching the window on the inside of the trim/door. Post if you will ever get the problem figured out.
Appreciate 0