XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-05-2011, 01:49 AM   #1
skroars
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

2011 X5 Xdrive35 issues?

I'm new here but have been reading for a few months.
We bought a new 2011 X5 last November after having a 2001 for several years and putting 125K very satisfying miles on it.
For 7 and half months and 10K miles, the 2011 has been fantastic. We love it....

Until now. We're on our 3rd 'check engine' light in 3 weeks. The first was the HPFP (was hoping it was an N54 issue but the N55 has the same problem?). It was replaces and we were on our way in a day. Then a week later, 2 days before leaving on a road trip from Albuquerque, NM to Olympia, WA, check engine light #2 came on. Sandia BMW was great, got it in that afternoon and on our way that same afternoon. This time it was a fuel tank vent valve?
That was 6 days ago...now we're in Washington and just got the 3rd check engine light. (by check engine, I mean the amber/yellow engine light). As with the first two times, it doesn't display the symptoms I've read about for the HPFP, no long start ups, it hasn't lost power etc...
Has anyone had issues with the N55 in their X5?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
D.B.S
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 35i / '13 S5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroars View Post
I'm new here but have been reading for a few months.
We bought a new 2011 X5 last November after having a 2001 for several years and putting 125K very satisfying miles on it.
For 7 and half months and 10K miles, the 2011 has been fantastic. We love it....

Until now. We're on our 3rd 'check engine' light in 3 weeks. The first was the HPFP (was hoping it was an N54 issue but the N55 has the same problem?). It was replaces and we were on our way in a day. Then a week later, 2 days before leaving on a road trip from Albuquerque, NM to Olympia, WA, check engine light #2 came on. Sandia BMW was great, got it in that afternoon and on our way that same afternoon. This time it was a fuel tank vent valve?
That was 6 days ago...now we're in Washington and just got the 3rd check engine light. (by check engine, I mean the amber/yellow engine light). As with the first two times, it doesn't display the symptoms I've read about for the HPFP, no long start ups, it hasn't lost power etc...
Has anyone had issues with the N55 in their X5?
I've had simliar issues, but being tuned, I shrugged it off as being a side affect of the tune, but now that I have removed the tune and I have the same issues. Long Crank yesterday, took 6 seconds to start. Long Crank today took 4 seconds to start. Reminds me of the long cranks and HPFP issue I had on my 335xi... Guess it's time for a visit to the stealership...

BMW X5 35i: Boopie Exhaust & Intercooler, K&N Drop in Filter, JB3 (3+ psi)
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Custom Exhaust, Headers, 87MM Throttle Body, Diablo Custom 93 OCT Tune
Appreciate 0