XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
jaystang
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X5

Floor Mat Anchor Question

Hi All,
First post here. I've just jumped into the wonderful world of BMW ownership! Well, my wife has at least. I'm an Audi guy myself (don't throw anything at me ). Anyway we just picked up an 09 X5 for my wife and I had a quick question regarding floor mats. The vehicle came with both winter (rubber) and carpet floor mats, however it only appears to have come with the hook style anchors for the winter mats. The carpet mats are pretty terrible and slide all over the place. I'm assuming I need the velcro style anchors? Is this what came factory with the vehicle? Where is the best place to buy this? I found these on ebay, will they work for me?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M3-M5-M6...4&vxp=mtr#shId

Also while we're on the floor mat topic, the driver's mat isn't in the best of shape. It's a bit miss-formed and I'm assuming this has something to do with it sliding around so much. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the original mat for the car as everything else was mint w/ only 23k miles on it. Anyway, the other 3 mats are in great shape. Is there any place where I can only purchase the driver side mat? Or even fronts only? Everything I've found has been a set of 4.

Thanks in advance for the advice, and looking forward to becoming part of this community.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
1HOT BMR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car-less and shopping +'12 35d

I recommend you buy something other than WeatherTech

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=619162

The Velcro system that BMW uses IMO is better than any other type of anchoring system available. Make sure the mats you buy have the velcro roundels built in.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
jimmy08awd
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

I found the opposite from you. Mats come in a set of 2. Fronts and rear. Whatever the factory anchoring system for the mats are work fine for me.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but are there suppose to be any anchors for the back? I'm always straightening them!
Appreciate 0