XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-02-2010, 01:56 AM   #1
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: X6 40d

Question for X6M owners ! X6M conversion.

Hi! When I receive my new X40d, I will be converting it to look like your beautiful X6M beast, - but without markings. Reason being I simply like the look of it.

The conversion is not very difficult at all, but here is my problem. I checked on the BMW website and see that the X6M does NOT have Active cruise with STOP and GO function. Is that true? And if so, I am worried that I shall not be able to transfer this functionality to the new X6M bumper because the bumper does not have the space for this.

Would you have any ideas on this?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
Batke
36th Chamber
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X6 xDrive50i

I am not a X6 M owner...

...but I have this info for you. It looks like the X6 M bumper will NOT have the space you require. Sorry dude.
Attached Images

'05 BMW 325i (E46) - Jet Black
'99 Oldsmobile Alero - White
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald_adi View Post
Hi! When I receive my new X40d, I will be converting it to look like your beautiful X6M beast, - but without markings. Reason being I simply like the look of it.

The conversion is not very difficult at all, but here is my problem. I checked on the BMW website and see that the X6M does NOT have Active cruise with STOP and GO function. Is that true? And if so, I am worried that I shall not be able to transfer this functionality to the new X6M bumper because the bumper does not have the space for this.

Would you have any ideas on this?
While I admire what you wish to do, I'd advise you not too. For the same money, I'd get a nice set of wheels, an exhaust, and a body kit from AC, Hartge, or Hamann. This way your BMW will be very unique, and not just another X6 trying to look like an M. Just my 2 cents.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #4
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batke View Post
...but I have this info for you. It looks like the X6 M bumper will NOT have the space you require. Sorry dude.
I checked where the radar is placed on the X6 and It appears that it can easily be moved onto the X6M. i think that the reason this function is not available on the X6M may be more due to the type of high performance engine, or the gearbox type.

In anycase, i dont give up that easily
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
While I admire what you wish to do, I'd advise you not too. For the same money, I'd get a nice set of wheels, an exhaust, and a body kit from AC, Hartge, or Hamann. This way your BMW will be very unique, and not just another X6 trying to look like an M. Just my 2 cents.
Its a good point you make. I dont like the hartge or AC kit at all. And while i like to look at the Hamann wide body kit, it is not something i could drive to work with! Thus i need something that looks more agressive that the normal X6, but yet not looking like its a 18yr old's car with flanks and going to fly.

i like the look of the X6M. I would remove all markings on the car.

i wouldnt get an X6M though because i drive up to 1500kms per week and at that fuel consumption, i would have to tank 4 times per week!!! And i hate that!
Appreciate 0