F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > F30 335i M Performance Exhaust vs Stock Exhaust - Video Clips
Extreme Powerhouse

01-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #45
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
i'm finishing the break in of mine keeps getting louder the more i drive it. Adding a challenge HFC downpipe soon should sound even better. I will post a video after I do.
Same with mine, it kept getting louder the more miles I put on it, like I posted up in the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassBimmer View Post
A huge meh. I am not impressed by the sound at all and, since this is only an axle-back system, that's the only thing to judge it on. How is it that Eisenmann makes an exhaust for the N20 4-banger sound 100 times better and more aggressive than the supposed engineers that worked on this? So sad..
Yep I see alot of people really dissapointed with it, but honestly take my word for it the videos dont do it much justice, it sounds much better in person.

Most of the poeople that dont like it crave way more performance and sound and they opt for something else thats performance derived and delivers much louder sound. Even though this thing is called M Performance, I serously doubt it if you gain any power....so its just for the sound of it. I dont think this axle back is any more efficient then the one I pulled off. Just less packing in there for the throatier sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
it's not for everyone, for sure.

It sounds MUCH better inside, and gives enough growl that you know you're driving something special.

Outside, it sounds pretty good and not too obnoxious or ricey...I heard my wife drive away once and was actually surprised. It's tame up close, but snarls from far away.
Cant agree more. Its what I was looking for. I do wish sometimes that I had something really loud but thats like 1% of the time and I just move on and enjoy what I opted for. Love this car.
      01-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #46
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassBimmer View Post
A huge meh. I am not impressed by the sound at all and, since this is only an axle-back system, that's the only thing to judge it on. How is it that Eisenmann makes an exhaust for the N20 4-banger sound 100 times better and more aggressive than the supposed engineers that worked on this? So sad..
Isn't the Eisenmann for the N20 a full catback system?
The only thing I dont like about the M Performance exhaust is the damn price! Even though I found the deal of the year @ $900 shipped to my door, the very next day that proce jumped up $120 on ebay. I think the seller knew he was selling it really cheap.
      01-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #47
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Same with mine, it kept getting louder the more miles I put on it, like I posted up in the video.

Yep I see alot of people really dissapointed with it, but honestly take my word for it the videos dont do it much justice, it sounds much better in person.

Most of the poeople that dont like it crave way more performance and sound and they opt for something else thats performance derived and delivers much louder sound. Even though this thing is called M Performance, I serously doubt it if you gain any power....so its just for the sound of it. I dont think this axle back is any more efficient then the one I pulled off. Just less packing in there for the throatier sound.

Cant agree more. Its what I was looking for. I do wish sometimes that I had something really loud but thats like 1% of the time and I just move on and enjoy what I opted for. Love this car.
Your video convinced me to buy it. Your videos are the best representation of the true sound. I really appreciate you taking the time to post it. I think with the HFC downpipe it will sound sweet.

I agree I think if it adds any power it will be very little maybe like 5 horsepower stock maybe more are high boost.

The other exhaust options are kool but after being a horsepower junkie I can tell you the downpipe to muffler pipping will not add much if anything. The factory exhaust piping is so well engineered it will be near impossible to improve. The downpipe should net the best gain.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #48
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Your video convinced me to buy it. Your videos are the best representation of the true sound. I really appreciate you taking the time to post it. I think with the HFC downpipe it will sound sweet.

I agree I think if it adds any power it will be very little maybe like 5 horsepower stock maybe more are high boost.

The other exhaust options are kool but after being a horsepower junkie I can tell you the downpipe to muffler pipping will not add much if anything. The factory exhaust piping is so well engineered it will be near impossible to improve. The downpipe should net the best gain.
Thanks. I enjoyed making the videos and sharing them with you guys. I was also inspired by alot of bad videos out there on youtube lol.

Im very curious to see how it sounds with a downpipe. I think youre right it will sound just right and net the best hp gain. Definetely have to tip my hat to BMW for designing the efficient exhaust thought.
      01-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #49
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. I enjoyed making the videos and sharing them with you guys. I was also inspired by alot of bad videos out there on youtube lol.

Im very curious to see how it sounds with a downpipe. I think youre right it will sound just right and net the best hp gain. Definetely have to tip my hat to BMW for designing the efficient exhaust thought.
Ask any 2jzgte tuner single 3" won't lose a dime of power until over 500whp. I will try to post a step by step how to install as well of the downpipe. I have noticed the challenge dp looks very similar to the stock. I am betting BMW will not notice the difference unless they are looking for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #50
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ask any 2jzgte tuner single 3" won't lose a dime of power until over 500whp. I will try to post a step by step how to install as well of the downpipe. I have noticed the challenge dp looks very similar to the stock. I am betting BMW will not notice the difference unless they are looking for it.
Nice, Ill be for sure following your writeup. It would be nice if they dont notice or dont care. Some dealers look the other way unless something is seriously wrong.

I cant wait for a proper tune for this thing. I just want about 50-60 hp. Cobb please hurry up...
      01-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #51
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:
Nice, Ill be for sure following your writeup. It would be nice if they dont notice or dont care. Some dealers look the other way unless something is seriously wrong.

I cant wait for a proper tune for this thing. I just want about 50-60 hp. Cobb please hurry up...
Oh you don't like Terry's JB's piggybacks?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 03:36 AM   #52
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh you don't like Terry's JB's piggybacks?
Honestly never tried one. I just like the idea of a flash tuner with CAN
      01-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #53
Fuman
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 DCT

I think this sounds just right. Has got the gurgle yet not too loud and embarrassing. Imho, just fit an electric valve control for straight-through effects and adjustable sound control to the max.
      01-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #54
chrisk03
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Wow, thanks for the comparison. I thought it sounded really muted compared to my E90 PE and PPK, especially on start-up and then you switched to "sport" mode and yep, that's the sound. I actually kind of wish I could do that type of adjustment as on the E90 it is pretty loud on cold start-up...neighbor's always give chit about it. ha.

Congrats and enjoy...makes me wanna go fire up the baby in the garage.
      01-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #55
alexgosh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

which website did you purchase the exhaust from? I have been looking for a while but could not find anything below $1,000!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #56
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgosh View Post
which website did you purchase the exhaust from? I have been looking for a while but could not find anything below $1,000!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M-Perfor...item337d662ea0

I bought off this guy on eBay. But he's not selling them for $900 anymore. Like the next week after i bought he set the prices over $1,000. The great thing is it was $900 shipped to my door.

I don't know why he sold them so cheap initially, but one thing is for sure he has quite a few of them. He has 100% feedback. You can see my positive feedback on there and the price he sold it for. Check it out. Email him, say I saw you sold for $900 please do another one for me
      01-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #57
STooK
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

sounds similar to my e92 PE but i'm surprised it doesn't pop at all. mine pop's a lot but it also has more than a year's ride on it. i can tell you, you will love every day you drive your car with it though.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #58
PeterM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Quote:

Have to agree, When i installed my springs today and saw how big the piping was i was surprised. Best bet is to get a catless downpipe for the most power increase.
      01-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #59
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
Have to agree, When i installed my springs today and saw how big the piping was i was surprised. Best bet is to get a catless downpipe for the most power increase.
Pretty much the way to go, I think the sound will definetly change and get more aggressive.

Im thinking about doing my own experiment on the stock oem muffler since its sitting in my garage overhead, I want to see If I can somehow get inside it by cutting it and taking out the packing material and rewelding everything and see what kind of sound that makes. I get pretty crazy when Im bored at home lol just start chopping shit up to see how it works.
      01-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #60
PeterM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

If you want to sell it i might buy it and do the same.
      02-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #61
khai Dow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "Grey Goose" X7 40D, IOMG M4C

M Performance Exhaust added to AH3

Is it safe to assume that most of the mods applied to the 335i would also be useable on the ActiveHybrid 3? I'm putting in an order for a new car this week - probably an AH3, and wondered whether I can add the performance exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #62
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by khai Dow View Post
Is it safe to assume that most of the mods applied to the 335i would also be useable on the ActiveHybrid 3? I'm putting in an order for a new car this week - probably an AH3, and wondered whether I can add the performance exhaust?
Honestly Im not sure what the exhaust on the AH3 looks like, if its all the same under there and no obstructions underneathe from the battery compartment, I would say yes its the same and you should be good to go.

Ask a member with an AH3 to post up a photo of what the car looks like underneath and compare. That should tell you everything you need to know.
      02-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #63
khai Dow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "Grey Goose" X7 40D, IOMG M4C

Well, after digging around, and looking at SAMS photo of the underside of his car, I was still unsure.

Then I checked BMW.CO.UK. There you can filter the list of M Performance parts by model. It tells me that you can fit the power kit and the M Performance exhaust to the AH3 or 5...
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #64
Balzz
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M

Garage List
2019 M4  [0.00]
2021 X3M  [0.00]
Just got my M Perf exhaust installed yesterday. I like. Seems to be getting louder over the last day. Downside is that I'm now that douche revving at stoplights, and I've burned through half a tank of gas in around 160km.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #65
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by khai Dow View Post
Well, after digging around, and looking at SAMS photo of the underside of his car, I was still unsure.

Then I checked BMW.CO.UK. There you can filter the list of M Performance parts by model. It tells me that you can fit the power kit and the M Performance exhaust to the AH3 or 5...
That's great news. Now you just gotta get the exhaust with the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzz View Post
Just got my M Perf exhaust installed yesterday. I like. Seems to be getting louder over the last day. Downside is that I'm now that douche revving at stoplights, and I've burned through half a tank of gas in around 160km.
Yeah it sounds pretty good. It isn't over the edge where it annoys me. It suits me just fine. A lot of people prefer something louder especially for the price.

And yes it will get louder, give it a good 1500 miles or so it will really settle in and you will really like it.

Congrats on the exhaust enjoy.
      08-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #66
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

is this an axle back exhaust (just muffler) or is it a full cat-back?