XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-24-2014, 09:15 PM   #1
bradysdad
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4, 2020 M340ix

2013 Full LED Lights Issues

Purchased my 2013 X6 a couple of weeks ago, certified. Has the full LED headlight option. Had a previous service issue related to the lights which was repaired prior to my purchase.

Today I was driving and received a warning that my left High Beam had a fault. Sure enough, when I turned on the high beams, only the right side lit up.

Ran some errands, started and stopped the car several times and still had the error pop up. The last time I turned the car off and back on, the error went away and the left high beam started working again.

I guess the good news is that the light itself is probably OK, but something in the control circuitry is intermittent. Either way, warranty will cover it but I was reaching out to see if overall there have been a lot of issues with the LED headlights.

Thanks in advance...
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 09:43 PM   #2
Southernbelle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 35i

Had the same issue with my LED lights. One of the fans that cool the LED bulbs had burnt out. It was covered under warranty.
Appreciate 0