XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
Doenermann
Emperor
United_States
Rep
Drives: mostly, but walks occasionally

Garage List
2018 530e  [0.00]
Any Drivers Education or similar events for the X6?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I've been looking around for a chance to take my X6 to the track. Instead of an open track day, I would much prefer a DE event with an instructor. Most car clubs don't allow SUVs (which generally this falls under), only cars.

Does anyone know of a Club or Event which the X6 can participate in?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

I can get in on that... any advice or guidance on when and where to get more familiar with my baby on a track or with an expert would be greatly appreciated!
      01-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
Rygel XXV
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6M

Bumping this up

I'm interested in taking a Driver's Education class being sponsored by my local chapter of the BMW car club and found this old thread.

If you guys are still interested, it appears my BMW's car club events allow X-series and Porsche Cayennes, so I'd guess if you can find a chapter local to you, it would probably also allow it.

I'd also appreciate if anyone has taken their X6 for a track day and can share their experiences. It frankly seems a little ridiculous to take the X6, but I can also see how it could be fun having the behemoth out there.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygel XXV View Post
I'd also appreciate if anyone has taken their X6 for a track day and can share their experiences. It frankly seems a little ridiculous to take the X6, but I can also see how it could be fun having the behemoth out there.
This is one of those behemoths that do very well on track

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508226
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
Rygel XXV
Private
Rep

Thanks for the response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyATC View Post
This is one of those behemoths that do very well on track

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508226

I fricken love the photos! That's the same club and class at Laguna Seca I'm thinking about attending. Thank you again for sharing the link- was exactly the kind of input I was looking for. I don't have an ///M, but I gotta think it would still be fun whipping this thing around on a track.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
Kanuc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M Melbourne Red

Quote:
I took my X6 50 with Dinan Stage 1 to the local track in Calgary as part of a dealer DE day. Learned a lot. A couple of the instructors tried my X6 and were very surprised at how well it did on track, and they weren't even trying hard.

There was also an X6M and I held my own pretty good with him.

Remember to get your brake fluid changed before you go. And increase tire pressure by 5 psi on all corners.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
Rygel XXV
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuc View Post
I took my X6 50 with Dinan Stage 1 to the local track in Calgary as part of a dealer DE day. Learned a lot. A couple of the instructors tried my X6 and were very surprised at how well it did on track, and they weren't even trying hard.

There was also an X6M and I held my own pretty good with him.

Remember to get your brake fluid changed before you go. And increase tire pressure by 5 psi on all corners.
Thanks for the input. That's actually quite helpful, since our cars would be similar except for the engine (i.e. no X6M brakes, suspension, etc.), so it's good to hear your car could hang with the others.

I better make a decision quick- deadline is this week!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #8
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Thanks for the input. That's actually quite helpful, since our cars would be similar except for the engine (i.e. no X6M brakes, suspension, etc.), so it's good to hear your car could hang with the others.

I better make a decision quick- deadline is this week!
I would love to brinfg my car in for some track time as well. Just to really test its limits. I have a 35i as well but it seems she runs pretty well in line with the stock 50i ever since I had the tuner chip put in a couple years back.

To bad this event is on the other side of the country... we could have met up and put at least two X6s on the track that day...