XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-25-2017, 01:09 PM   #1
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Help with Diagnostics of E70 (n55)

I am trying to resolve a issue I am currently having my e70 x5. It currently has 74,xxx miles and has recently done new spark plugs and coil packs to hopefully resolve the issue.

The problem I am having is when the car is warm the car seems to have fallen on its ass, like it is literally not making any boost. And also when warm the car would like to surge rpms.

BMW had provided me with a update that they said would fix the problem, but it has come back yet again. The car is currently getting a boost leak test with smoke done.

Any suggestions on what else to check?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2017, 12:28 AM   #2
racermp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 330i

Boost solenoid. Check the 2 pipes connecting to it right. Look on the exhaust manifold side. You will see the solenoid right after the intake pipe. Pull the pipes and check them. Next try.replacing the solenoid (pressure converter)
Appreciate 0