XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Members Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys

06-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
tonypap
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X6 5.0 w/ESS Tune

FS: 2012 X6 SPORT STEERING WHEEL (1 Mo. Old)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
For Sale:

1 month old (494 miles) OEM BMW X6 Sport Steering Wheel

(paddles, buttons, and airbag are NOT included)

This is available to ship immediately

I am at the office and cannot take a picture but if you need one please PM me your email and I will send one later on or tomorrow the latest

The steering wheel is MINT, looks brand new. I have barely driven the car in the month that I've had it.

Price: $600 OBO

US (domestic) shipping is included in price.

I will ship international but buyer is responsible for actual shipping cost.

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Just to let you know, I just (1 week ago) sold my 2011 sport steering wheel as well. It took nearly 3 mos but it did finally sell for $500 at ebay. I originally posted here and ebay for $600 but lowered after it didn't sell quickly. I installed the M nappa leather wheel which looks awesome. I also had installed the perf wheel with the flat bottom but I didn't like it and my BMW dealer was kind enough to allow me to return it.
good luck

scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypap View Post
For Sale:

1 month old (494 miles) OEM BMW X6 Sport Steering Wheel

(paddles, buttons, and airbag are NOT included)

This is available to ship immediately

I am at the office and cannot take a picture but if you need one please PM me your email and I will send one later on or tomorrow the latest

The steering wheel is MINT, looks brand new. I have barely driven the car in the month that I've had it.

Price: $600 OBO

US (domestic) shipping is included in price.

I will ship international but buyer is responsible for actual shipping cost.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
tonypap
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
Just to let you know, I just (1 week ago) sold my 2011 sport steering wheel as well. It took nearly 3 mos but it did finally sell for $500 at ebay. I originally posted here and ebay for $600 but lowered after it didn't sell quickly. I installed the M nappa leather wheel which looks awesome. I also had installed the perf wheel with the flat bottom but I didn't like it and my BMW dealer was kind enough to allow me to return it.
good luck

scott
Thanks for the info. I actually am having the performance wheel installed. Why didn't you like it? Looks awesome, feels great....very sporty....etc...what made you return it?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep

It was the white stiching that I didn't like. Really didn't go with the interior IMHO. The flat bottom is really cool, the material is meh, imo. I felt like I had to have totally clean and dry hands all the time. I really like the M wheel, thicker, nappa goes with my nappa dash, and finally the tri color stiching looks good.
good luck
scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypap View Post
Thanks for the info. I actually am having the performance wheel installed. Why didn't you like it? Looks awesome, feels great....very sporty....etc...what made you return it?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
tonypap
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It was the white stiching that I didn't like. Really didn't go with the interior IMHO. The flat bottom is really cool, the material is meh, imo. I felt like I had to have totally clean and dry hands all the time. I really like the M wheel, thicker, nappa goes with my nappa dash, and finally the tri color stiching looks good.
good luck
scott
Thanks for letting me know. I happen to like alcantara. Feels great, IMO...but I do see what you mean about dry clean hands though alcantara is so risilient to stains, I think it can take a beating.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #6
tonypap
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

BTW, price is OBO so please don't hesitate to make me a (reasonable) offer.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
alistair
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 ///M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5///M  [0.00]
Quote:
good luck

scott
Hey Scott

I liked your spec so much I ordered literally the same (space grey, black nappa, bamboo) and it's just finished production today ("Your vehicle is being transported to the port of exit")

Do you have a picture of your new wheel? I may consider doing the same... need to check how the updated paddles would work with it tho :|

-Alistair

(tonypap - sorry for the slight thread hijack!)
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #8
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep

Sweet! It's a nice spec. you will be very happy. The paddles on the M wheel work the same as they do on the M. Left paddle has - symbol and is downshift. Right paddle has + symbol and is upshift. If I am not mistaken I think all the new 2012 X's have this same paddle setup even on the non m X's. I could be wrong but I thought I saw that somewhere.

I have the BMW aero perf kit installed, the dinan software upgrade and the new dinan exhaust. I am loving this setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistair View Post
Hey Scott

I liked your spec so much I ordered literally the same (space grey, black nappa, bamboo) and it's just finished production today ("Your vehicle is being transported to the port of exit")

Do you have a picture of your new wheel? I may consider doing the same... need to check how the updated paddles would work with it tho :|

-Alistair

(tonypap - sorry for the slight thread hijack!)
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #9
tonypap
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

This is still available. Will take best offer.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #10
tonypap
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

This is still available. Taking offers.
Appreciate 0