XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
emilc
Rep
Drives: bmw x6

will this fit my car

Hey folk, i have search and search but couldn't find any thing regarding question and therefor seeking help.
i have bmw x6 without rear entertainment, but i like the one for the x5 e70, so was thinking if its possible to install it in my car. the system i wish to install is this, has any1 installed it in the car if yes, is it then possible to link the media player with the main monitor at the front.? if yes how.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 12:37 AM   #2
Hamed
Private
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: X6

+1

am also interested to know ...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
emilc
Rep
Drives: bmw x6

does someone or know someone that have this option in there x5??
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
snipez999
Private
Rep
Drives: X6M50d

I invested in one of these kits for my X6: http://www.next-base.com/click-and-g.../click-10.html
Usb socket and xvid/divx playback capabilities. Come with wireless headphones and a decent mounting system. Kids can watch same movie on both screens wirelessly as well as playing dvds and torrent files independantly on each screen.
Bought brand new off ebay for under 800 USD, full retail around 1200 USD.
Those BMW ones look nice but can hardly be shifted over to the wife's car if needed, or used portably.
Installation is very neat as the cables just slip under the plastic seat moulding and feed right back to the rear cigarett lighter area. I just stuck some velcro on the power cable junction box and it sits in the rear cubby hole without a murmur. Magnetic mounts on the cable also keep it tight in place.
Food for thought.
Appreciate 0