XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-20-2014, 02:27 AM   #1
e-faraoh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

My experience with Velos

Well, just like many other members, I've done a bit of reading on here about tunes and everyone seems to rave about Velos. I was between Velos and another company, and decided to trust the reviews on here and went with Omar@Velos and his tune for my 2011 X5M. Below I've created a "timeline" of my experience...

5/5/14 After a couple PMs with Omar regarding my interest in a tune I decide to go for it and send payment.(he was super fast in replying to my PMs at this point in time)
5/6/14 Omar confirms he received payment and lets me know it will be shipping out the next day on 5/7.
5/7/14 I don't hear anything about a tracking number, I PM Omar and he replies 5/8/14 and states it should ship 5/9/14 via next day delivery.
5/12/14 I receive the tuner
5/13/14 I send in my stock ECU read file.
5/14/14 I receive the file back in the evening.

I honestly can't complain too much about the timing , being in Cali, Velos is 3 hours ahead so it makes it tricky communicating back and forth. Overall they did a decent job. I did notice a slower reply , once I had made the purchase though :/ .

After a couple calls in regarding some questions I had, I was told I'd get a call back , but didn't for a couple days. Finally decided to email Omar directly and he stepped up and answered my questions and concerns.

As far as the tune , I definitely noticed the disappearance of the initial sluggishness of the car , and once you're moving , it does seem a bit more responsive. Only 500 miles on the car since the tune and I don't expect much more to change , but I'll report back. Overall, I can appreciate a difference.

Last edited by e-faraoh; 05-26-2014 at 05:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

awesome, sorry I missed this. Thanks and enjoy in good health. Regarding the replies our apologies but you can always reach someone here via phone but I will make a note of it. Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Appreciate 0