XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-25-2016, 11:47 AM   #1
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M

Service at dealer w/ Catless DPs?

Thinking about bringing my car into a dealer to have them see if they can find out why I'm getting a reduced power warning during hard acceleration.

However, my car has catless downpipes and a tune. Will a BMW dealer even look at my car if it has catless downpipes?
Pure Stage 2 Turbos / JB4 / BPM tuned / Catless DPs / PTP Turbo Blanket / RK Intkakes / Eisnemann Sport / M Performance lip / IND Blackout / KWV3 Coilovers / MV Forged ML10 / Pirelli Pzeros / LED Headlights
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
dpie
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyB View Post
Thinking about bringing my car into a dealer to have them see if they can find out why I'm getting a reduced power warning during hard acceleration.

However, my car has catless downpipes and a tune. Will a BMW dealer even look at my car if it has catless downpipes?
Yes, but most would say it depends on your relationship with the SA. I was upfront with mine and told him that I was catless and tuned. He has worked on the cars bunch of times since for injectors, ignition coils, etc. Not everyone will be the same. Have you been to the dealer before?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 05:20 PM   #3
Crazy1323
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

I have a similar experience. My SA knows my car is modified. I have owned several modded BMWs over the years and he knows that if a part fails because of mods then I don't expect BMW to warranty it. However, if it breaks unrelated to mods he doesn't give me any hassle.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 11:03 PM   #4
N62B48
Private
Rep
Drives: XDrive 4.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyB View Post
getting a reduced power warning during hard acceleration.
I got same prob, mine was bad TB everytime I accelerated the throttle body suck the air wide open and somewhere, somehow the plate got stuck wide open caused engine malfunction, reduce the speed.

If you are in So Cal these guy pretty good he only do bimmers.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/south-bay-i...dent-gardena-2
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 05:24 PM   #5
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by N62B48 View Post
I got same prob, mine was bad TB everytime I accelerated the throttle body suck the air wide open and somewhere, somehow the plate got stuck wide open caused engine malfunction, reduce the speed.

If you are in So Cal these guy pretty good he only do bimmers.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/south-bay-i...dent-gardena-2
Oh nice thanks for sharing! I'll definitely be sure to have them check the throttle bodies. I'm taking it to EAS in Anaheim tomorrow. They originally replaced all the ignition coils & spark plugs, but that didn't fix it. I'm really hoping they can figure it out this time
Pure Stage 2 Turbos / JB4 / BPM tuned / Catless DPs / PTP Turbo Blanket / RK Intkakes / Eisnemann Sport / M Performance lip / IND Blackout / KWV3 Coilovers / MV Forged ML10 / Pirelli Pzeros / LED Headlights
Appreciate 0