XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-19-2016, 09:58 AM   #1
Salottox5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 m5

Vorsteiner

Has anyone else had this horrible experience:

for my 2011 x5M

got into an accident -- had to had the Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber front lip replaced -- the replacement basically looks like crap after 1 year -- now Vorsteiner is telling me they only offer a warrnty 1 year from the ORDER date -- not even the shipping date -- and I can repurchase the Product for $1200 vs their Normal $1895

See attached Pics -- I'm pissed about now only the look but the horrible experience with suck a company making high end parts

any thoughts or advise for me?

their email: a joke

All Vorsteiner aero products hold a 1-year warranty on finish and lifetime structural warranty. Regrettably it has been a year and 9 months since the product has been received therefore the front spoiler is outside of the 1-year warranty finish. However, we do stand behind our products 100% and truly appreciate you being a loyal Vorsteiner customer. What we would be happy to do is offer you special pricing on a replacement. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for understanding. Below is the list price and your special price on a replacement front spoiler.
Attached Images

10-19-2016, 07:45 PM   #2
KCLARK
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 E^)M% & 2013 JCW

Wow, that's a a lot of money for a cosmetic that is bound to be damaged at some point which is why I never buy front lips that cost like vorsteiner. Maybe its a name thing, but you'd better off saving your money and getting a front lip spoiler off ebay for a 1/3rd maybe a 1/4 of the price and get a good custom body shop who knows how to mold cuz they can make cheap fiberglass look great!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2016, 03:58 AM   #3
Beamin09X
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 X5 4.8 Sport Package

I understand your frustration after what those cost! But it appears it's just the clear coat peeling. My advice would be to take it to a reputable body shop & ask if they can re-clear it for you. With that, you'll probably get a warranty on the clear coat as well. You'll be much better off and spend way less money doing that rather than buying a new lip.
'09 X5 4.8i // Sport // Cold weather // Napa leather // H.U.D // WeissLicht LED halos // WeissLicht LED fogs // WeissLicht LED plate lights // ECS paint matched kidney grilles // paint matched lower grille inserts // paint matched front reflectors // Muffler delete w/ quad tips // StopTech F/R slotted rotors // LCI tail lights
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2016, 09:59 AM   #4
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Is it just me or does the fitment look like shit?!?!? No offense to the OP and I don't want to derail the thread, but it's not the first time I've noticed this.

I'd expect more for that kind of coin...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2016, 12:49 PM   #5
Salottox5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

ok Vorsteiner - came back to me with - they will do a 1 time replacement -- I'm responsible for Shipping the faulty one back to them and again responsible for shipment for them sending me a replacement -- although still probably expensive to ship -- i'm going to take that deal

I'll also add 2 more pics from a distance bc as MIROB stated he doesn't lit the fit -- i do disagree so here's a better picture but everyone is entitled to their own opinion
thannks
      10-20-2016, 12:50 PM   #6
Salottox5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Name:  IMG_0064.JPG
Views: 312
Size:  598.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0065.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  807.2 KB
      10-20-2016, 02:17 PM   #7
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

I'm glad you got it sorted out. Truck looks great! I was just commenting on the space between the bumper and the lip on the last two pictures of the original post. Seems to me like there is some room between them, could be the pictures though. I'm just nitpicking here.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0