XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Newbie Questions :)

Hi,

Please forgive the "all in one" post, but I've got a selection of questions, and it seemed simpler

I picked up my X6 3.5 yesterday, and already love it. I traded an '07 335i coupe, and I honestly think that this handles better. The interior is beautiful, and I've had people walking up to me and asking what it is, and admiring it already.

Awesome

So, onto the questions:

1. iPOD RETROFIT
Mine didn't have iPod support (I bought stock the dealer had, with a good deal). If I have this retrofitted, does this give me full iDrive control of my iPod (like my 335 had as a factory option) or is this steering wheel control only? (i.e. can I select a playlist using iDrive's menu).

2. COMFORT SEATS / "EXIT MODE" ?
I was picked up in a local dealer courtesy car with comfort seats once, a 5er wagon. I remember thinking how cool it was the way the seat 'wrapped around me' when the guy started the car. I know that this is just the bolster width setting on the seats - but is there a way to configure the vehicle so that the back of the seat "opens" (and, ideally, moves back) when I turn on/off the ignition? (My 2003 X5 used to automatically pull back the seat).

3. TRUNK CLOSING
Is the only way to close the trunk really that lit-up red button inside it? (I can't close it from the button on the dash?)

4. SMARTPHONE INTEGRATION
Is it possible (cheap?) to retrofit the cradle to hold an iPhone in the center console? Will this give me the ability to control its music function via iDrive?

Any pointers much appreciated

-Alistair
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
Devil666
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E71

Not sure abt the ipod or idrive ting. But opening the trunk u can press the button on the dash. but u cant use it for closing. Alternative u can use the key to OPEN and CLOSE. Press n hold.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #3
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

As far as I know iphone cradle will give full integration, don't think this is model specific. The " Press n hold" on the fob doesn't work for US cars, only way to close is red button on gate.
Appreciate 0