XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-02-2020, 07:49 AM   #1
Blivit
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5

MHD tuning questions

It would appear MHD now supports direct flashing of the 2013 N55 E70 pcm without needing to bench flash first. This is based on what I have read here but can anyone else confirm this to be true?

Do their base files flash pcm and tcm or only the pcm?

The information on their website is a bit confusing. They list a flasher module, monitor module and map pack. In order to flash, do all 3 need to be purchased? Or would only the flasher module and map pack be needed?

I have no need for custom programming as I wont be changing any hard parts. I really just want to get rid of the throttle lag/non-linear feel of the pedal. Base files should do this. Possibly not the most cost effective way of doing this as I could go the route of a sprint booster but being in the same industry with other vehicles I fully understand the benefits of an actual tune provided it is calibrated correctly.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 01:24 PM   #2
riozheng
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i Sport Activity

Hi Blivit,

I'm also looking for help on my 2012 E70.
I did some research and get information from other tuners that MDH stage 1 is the basic and not need to do any hard parts upgrade. However, all of the tuners are planning or already upgraded their Charge Pipe and Plugs. Looks like the Charge Pipe and Plugs are the Have To for both performance and reliability.
Also, for the basic tune, just need a cable (wireless or wired), purchase the flasher module and maps. That's it. the monitor is not a necessary thing unless you wanna the dynamic status.

I'm new here. So, if there is any E70 owner can share their experience would be perfect...

and my question...which brand of charge pipe and plug is recommended? Specific model?
Appreciate 0