XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-30-2018, 06:38 PM   #1
aloyouis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 x28 MSport

Service Records

Hi all. I recently purchased a 2012 X5 50i. In the past when buying used Audi's I have had no issue getting the service records from the dealer. When I called the dealer after taking delivery the SA I talked to acted like I asked him for his SS# and his mother's maiden name. Flatly refused sighting "privacy" concerns. I asked him to redact the previous owner's info and he still said no. Wasn't really nice about it either.

Question: Aside from going to the dealer and stomping my foot (I will if I need to), is there a way for me to get the service records? I emailed the sales person and asked her to call me (no response yet). I didn't tell her what I wanted.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Jim
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 09:02 PM   #2
Molez93
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M, 2001 740i

I have had success by building a friendly relationship with a couple of the dealer's service advisors and a sales guy.

Without someone willing to skirt the rules, you will be told... flat out... "no."
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 09:32 PM   #3
bmwx5er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5m

Did you buy the car from a bmw dealer? If so, you’re the owner now and there should be no privacy concerns. But they’re within their rights to refuse because the records are a property of bmw (it says “confidential” on the Vehicle Warranty Inquiry).

Having said that, I’ve had no trouble getting service records from my SA, it really varies from SA to SA and your relationship with them.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 09:42 PM   #4
9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

I mean you can pull a carfax too, there was someone on here doing them for $5 each...
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 05:13 PM   #5
aloyouis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 x28 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molez93 View Post
I have had success by building a friendly relationship with a couple of the dealer's service advisors and a sales guy.

Without someone willing to skirt the rules, you will be told... flat out... "no."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx5er View Post
Did you buy the car from a bmw dealer? If so, you’re the owner now and there should be no privacy concerns. But they’re within their rights to refuse because the records are a property of bmw (it says “confidential” on the Vehicle Warranty Inquiry).

Having said that, I’ve had no trouble getting service records from my SA, it really varies from SA to SA and your relationship with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9vapors View Post
I mean you can pull a carfax too, there was someone on here doing them for $5 each...
I will speak with the sales person tomorrow. She has been OOO the last few days. If she can't get them I will have to go "discuss" t with the SA in person. I was provided the Carfax with purchase. Next to useless. It isn't have ANY of the recall info nor the CCP that was performed last year.
Appreciate 0