XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
StayRight
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 11 x5d

Can I get bulletproof x5 windows?

Ok, it may sound silly to people who read it but does anyone know if just bulletproof windows are available for the x5? There are e70 x5 security versions with bulletproof windows and paneling but I am looking for just the windows
Any real help would be appreciated

LCI x5d
Motec powered Seadoo s3
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayRight View Post
Ok, it may sound silly to people who read it but does anyone know if just bulletproof windows are available for the x5? There are e70 x5 security versions with bulletproof windows and paneling but I am looking for just the windows
Any real help would be appreciated
Did you make a search?

Chec here

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/04/14/bm...proof-vehicle/

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
JL350
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2.0D X4

Interested to know why, what you want to stop. Bullet proof windows made by laminating layers of glass together. The bigger to calibre you want to stop the thicker the window ends up being. Bullet proof glass is over an inch thick, very heavy, doors need to be reinforced to stay square, hinges, etc. There are options but if they want to shoot you the door won't stop a bullet at close range without some steel plate or Kevlar etc
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
StayRight
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RD View Post
I did make a search and I am aware of that vehicle. I am wondering where I can get the windows and window motors since they are already designed to fit the e70

LCI x5d
Motec powered Seadoo s3
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #5
StayRight
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL350 View Post
Interested to know why, what you want to stop. Bullet proof windows made by laminating layers of glass together. The bigger to calibre you want to stop the thicker the window ends up being. Bullet proof glass is over an inch thick, very heavy, doors need to be reinforced to stay square, hinges, etc. There are options but if they want to shoot you the door won't stop a bullet at close range without some steel plate or Kevlar etc
They do make lightweight Kevlar paneling that can somewhat easily be retrofitted to the door panels. I'm not looking to drive through a gunfight, I just need added protection while getting out of dodge quickly.

LCI x5d
Motec powered Seadoo s3
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #6
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayRight View Post
I did make a search and I am aware of that vehicle. I am wondering where I can get the windows and window motors since they are already designed to fit the e70
If you want bullet-proof windows that roll down, it will require a whole lot more than just glass & motors.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
Biff Grissel
stankmouth
United_States
Rep
Drives: fun

I just happened to see a fully armored (level 3 protection, I think was what it was called) 100% stock looking X5M. It was built for one of the cartel bosses in Mexico. It was bulletproof and bomb resistant up to some blast or whatever. It looked totally stock from the outside, but when the doors were open u could see all the armor and reinforcements, the windows looked to be a few inches thick. It was SICK!!! So yea there is/are.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
ndabunka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d Sport Black/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff Grissel View Post
I just happened to see a fully armored (level 3 protection, I think was what it was called) 100% stock looking X5M. It was built for one of the cartel bosses in Mexico. It was bulletproof and bomb resistant up to some blast or whatever. It looked totally stock from the outside, but when the doors were open u could see all the armor and reinforcements, the windows looked to be a few inches thick. It was SICK!!! So yea there is/are.
Those windows don't roll down, do they?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 10:50 PM   #9
M3776
Private
Rep
Drives: 11 E93 M3

try http://www.texasarmoring.com/
      11-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #10
Biff Grissel
stankmouth
United_States
Rep
Drives: fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff Grissel View Post
Those windows don't roll down, do they?
I'm not positive about the back or passenger but I do remember seeing that the driver window does roll down to pay tolls ect so I'm sure the rest could as well if u ordered it that way.
Appreciate 0