XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-18-2019, 07:58 AM   #1
ryansbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M-Sport, 2010 535x

Panoramic sunroof help

I’m having a little trouble with the sunroof. Everything functions as it should but one of the “sliders” that connects the front and rear sun shades has cracked. When the shade is opened, everything works fine. When I go to close it, there is a slight gap between the 2 shades on the passenger side. I’d like to fix it so it doesn’t put more strain on the driver side clip and snap that as well. I think one of my rattle is also coming from his area.

Here are the clips I’m referring too.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074THYR1F...0BFMZRF0&psc=1

Here is a metal version but if you look at the pics, you can see exactly where they go.
http://www.hongmei.com.tw/shop/other...sunroof-parts/

My question is, how much of the sunroof do I need to take apart to fix that itty bitty piece? Can it be hooked from above by simply removing the glass? Or do I need to pull more things apart? I searched all over but either the threads weren’t clear about this part, or these were replaced as part of a much larger repair. (Minus this issue, my roof works perfectly)
      10-18-2019, 02:08 PM   #2
Molez93
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M, 2001 740i

The only sunroof repair I'd ever had knowledge of was the complete replacement of the entire cartridge/assembly for something like $2k, maybe even $4k. At the time mine developed a problem closing from a tilted open position, I was pretty sure the only solutions I had found or heard of were painfully expensive.

Good luck with that simpler & clearly cheaper fix!
Appreciate 0