XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-07-2009, 10:50 PM   #1
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ex-'12 X6M, waiting on ?

Delays in X6M production?

Anyone aware of any delays in X6M production? I placed an order in late Sept. for a mid-October build which was then bumped to a second week in November build. Tonight I called the 800 number and find out the vehicle is on order but has no specific build date. My salesman says he has no idea what's going on, promises to find out, but never calls me back. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M Monte Carlo Blue

I am in the same boat. I have a long standing order, sitting on the computer, with no specific build date. The SA thought I would get a date this week, but nothing happened. I have been being told it was to be built the first week in November all this time. He thinks there may be issues with the full leather package, specifically the leather dash, availability.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 12:09 AM   #3
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDLORD View Post
I am in the same boat. I have a long standing order, sitting on the computer, with no specific build date. The SA thought I would get a date this week, but nothing happened. I have been being told it was to be built the first week in November all this time. He thinks there may be issues with the full leather package, specifically the leather dash, availability.
Interesting. I also ordered the leather dash. It would be nice to get some feedback from BMW as to whether specific options are holding up an order.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 04:52 AM   #4
artrosis
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6 ///M

Production Time

When inquiring on a production time with my dealer a couple days ago, I was informed that there would be a 2 month build time for my X6M.

They told me the X6M would start production in December and the cars will be sent to the dealerships in January for the people that special ordered X6M's recently.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrosis View Post
When inquiring on a production time with my dealer a couple days ago, I was informed that there would be a 2 month build time for my X6M.

They told me the X6M would start production in December and the cars will be sent to the dealerships in January for the people that special ordered X6M's recently.
If that's the case then it sounds like a parts problem.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #6
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep

Good News! I now have a Production Number. It is set for December production but the dealer said that it will move up in the next couple of days.

What got the ball rolling, was the SA forwarded an email I had sent complaining about the delay, on up to BMW USA Corporate Sales. I am still hoping to take delivery this year so that I can use the stimulus package deduction.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 07:32 AM   #7
artrosis
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDLORD View Post
I am still hoping to take delivery this year so that I can use the stimulus package deduction.
Does the stimulus package deduction apply to the X6M ? Can you tell me how to get it if it applies to this vehicle? thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #8
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep

Deduction for state and local sales and excise taxes paid on up to $49,500 of the purchase price of the car.

Income limits The deduction is phased out for joint filers with modified adjusted gross income between $250,000 and $260,000 and other taxpayers with modified AGI between $125,000 and $135,000.
The deduction is available regardless of whether a taxpayer itemizes deductions on their return (Schedule A).
Deduction available for qualifying new cars, SUV's, light trucks, motor homes or motorcycles of maximum weight equal to 8,500 pounds. Car must be purchased on or before 17th February 2009.
Car purchase made in states without sales tax, e.g. Alaska, Delaware, Hawaii, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon is also eligible for additional incentive where the car buyer can deduct other fees and taxes imposed by the State Government. However these fees and taxes must be imposed on the purchase price of the car, i.e. must be proportional to the price of the car. If you are in such a state, read the IRS ruling on Car Tax deduction for States without Sales Tax.

This deduction gets subtracted from your total taxable income.

Last edited by LANDLORD; 11-12-2009 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: adding more text
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #9
zaha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

My car was supposed to be ready November 3rd. Now I am being told November 22nd because of some production delay.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 01:08 AM   #10
bobox6m
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '10 X6 M; '13 Granturismo MC

production should take only one month. I ordered in mid october and production started early november. Yesterday i asked my dealer again and he said it's almost half way. HOPEFULLY, i'll get it first week of december (What i was told when i ordered)
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2009, 09:16 AM   #11
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep

I got an email from my SA saying my X6M went into production on Friday.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #12
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep

My car is also now showing in production status as of Friday November 20th. I am getting the Monte Carlo Blue with the Silverston II Full Leather interior with the following options:

Cold Weather, Driver Assistance, Premium Sound Packages, Space Saver Spare, Comfort Access, Soft-Close Doors, Nappa Leather Dashboard and Console (Full Leather), Carbon Leather Trim, and Satellite Radio.

The dealer sold their Alpine White Demo, and went out and purchased another one from another dealer. It was sitting in the showroom when I went by on Friday.
Appreciate 0