XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M 2016

Lemon law

Any advises??

My car is constantly in repair, for front suspension, and they cant fix it. I know that after 3 times repair and before 18k miles I can say its lemon, who had an experience with it ?? And how does it work in real life??? Do I loose my deal for price on lease and etc. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Sorry to hear you are going through that, sounds rough. What dealership are you working with? I see you are in BKLYN, maybe thats the problem...? I used to live in BK, now i'm in queens and from my experience, the dealerships within the 5 boroughs ain't the most user friendly.

I'm thinking you should take your car out to freeport L.I. to Hassel BMW. I bring my car there for all of my service needs and they alway do a great job IMHO. I actually purchased my X6 from prestige BMW out in Ramsey NJ which is about 50 miles out of the city and they do good work out there as well so if you want, you can check them out too.

I'm recommending those two facilities to you because I have come to believe that their customer service seems to be top notch and I know you want to give your baby the best treatment cause I remembe you trying to put together X6 meets so apparently, you love your toy, just like i love mine.

let me know how it goes.
      10-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well Brooklyn dealer are shit!! The amount of ignorance is insane. I went to JMK guys in NJ, they are ok, but car itself seams to be cant handle the NYC roads, or not qualified personal - don`t know what it is yet. Repairing the same problem over again......Good thing BMW of NA contacted me. So looking forward to deal with them.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/NY_law.html

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
Michael_s
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Sorry to hear you are going through that, sounds rough. What dealership are you working with? I see you are in BKLYN, maybe thats the problem...? I used to live in BK, now i'm in queens and from my experience, the dealerships within the 5 boroughs ain't the most user friendly.

I'm thinking you should take your car out to freeport L.I. to Hassel BMW. I bring my car there for all of my service needs and they alway do a great job IMHO. I actually purchased my X6 from prestige BMW out in Ramsey NJ which is about 50 miles out of the city and they do good work out there as well so if you want, you can check them out too.

I'm recommending those two facilities to you because I have come to believe that their customer service seems to be top notch and I know you want to give your baby the best treatment cause I remembe you trying to put together X6 meets so apparently, you love your toy, just like i love mine.

let me know how it goes.
Prestige service is very good and I have a great SA.

BTW - much closer than 50 miles. Probably 20-25 miles from GW. Route 4 to Route 17 N. Get off Franklin Tnpk and make U-Turn to 17 S and you are there.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #6
tal8313
Rep
Drives: x6m

Wrong directions

[QUOTE=Michael_s;10613758]
Quote:

let me know how it goes.

BTW - much closer than 50 miles. Probably 20-25 miles from GW. Route 4 to Route 17 N. Get off Franklin Tnpk and make U-Turn to 17 S and you are there.[/QUOTE

Prestige mercedes moved to new location
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 10:45 PM   #7
tal8313
Rep
Drives: x6m

[QUOTE=tal8313;10614549]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_s View Post
Quote:

let me know how it goes.

BTW - much closer than 50 miles. Probably 20-25 miles from GW. Route 4 to Route 17 N. Get off Franklin Tnpk and make U-Turn to 17 S and you are there.[/QUOTE

Prestige mercedes moved to new location
Sorry, I forgot BMW is still there and only mercedes moved.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
GTAutoConcepts
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: WIDE BMW e90,BMW x6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAxDEATH(NYC) View Post
Any advises??

My car is constantly in repair, for front suspension, and they cant fix it. I know that after 3 times repair and before 18k miles I can say its lemon, who had an experience with it ?? And how does it work in real life??? Do I loose my deal for price on lease and etc. Thank you
talk to a lemon law lawyer to get a FREE consultation. I am going through the same crap. My engine keeps going limp. Good luck man.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #9
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_taylor View Post
talk to a lemon law lawyer to get a FREE consultation. I am going through the same crap. My engine keeps going limp. Good luck man.
i feel the pain,

my engine starts humping right now as well at low rpm at stop lights
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #10
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
i feel the pain,

my engine starts humping right now as well at low rpm at stop lights
I am glad I am not the only one that is going through this problem... very aggravating.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 10:05 PM   #11
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The very sad thing guys, is that I like that car
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 08:55 AM   #12
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
The very sad thing guys, is that I like that car
Wow, I have a hard time believing that so many of you guys are having these problems... or maybe I just don't WANT to believe it...? How long have you all been driving your X6's? I have had mine for over two years and have not had any engine problems..... yet.

I was even hesitant about installing the tuner chip I used to flash my engine because I was nervous about causing myself engine problems in the future, however I have not experienced any issues yet.

I have to ask you guys, are these problems something X6 owners should look forward to? What are the dealerships actually telling you in regards to these problems? I guess I'm a lil concerned now because it seems like alot of you are in the NYC area are experiencing the same problems so now I'm wondering if it is only a matter of time before I am next...?
      08-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #13
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

Quote:
Any advises??

Hey buddy. I Lemon lawed my 2010 X6M. They had changed my front differential suspension as well but it has a lot of other problems. Look at your State laws for lemon law as each state is different I am in California. Get a lawyer if you believe your car is lemonable and you go from there. I had bought mine used from a bmw dealership here. it was on factory warranty still... I got all my payments from financing back in cash
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #14
Rygel XXV
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6M

Don't know about the laws in your state, but in CA lemon law statutes allow for collection of attorneys fees, which for most types of lawsuits is unusual.

The upside is that any reasonably competent consumer rights lawyer will be willing to spend some time talking to you for free, since there's a potential for a big payday later. Of course, there's also little incentive for the attorney to accept a simple solution that doesn't involve a lot of billable time.

Still, probably worth calling around to see if you can get a free consult.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #15
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thank you guys
Appreciate 0