XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-07-2015, 09:01 PM   #243
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausPA View Post
Read one of my previous posts where I explained why I believe we cannot pin point one single country as the greatest in the world.
No one country is the greatest in everything. Nobody ever thought that. America is just the best overall. But it's been slipping rapidly the past 6 yrs.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #244
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
No one country is the greatest in everything. Nobody ever thought that. America is just the best overall. But it's been slipping rapidly the past 6 yrs.
Well, saying the last 6 years you are referring to Obama's reign...but I would go as far as to say the US has been slipping for 15 years now at least. You are similar in age to me and must remember how things were in the eighties(economically, socially and morally). I think there are many more factors than which administration is in charge.
      08-07-2015, 10:17 PM   #245
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Well, ok--Al did say he created the internet, but, even if he did create e90 post(which I don't think he did), he could only do so due to the existence of BMW's which started in 1916, way before the internet. So, the Germans started the seed that led to this wonderful tree of super intelligent discussion and scholarly wisdom. Therefore, it would still hold true it has to be Germany or else we have no discussion here.
Next.
maybe that little dancing guy pic.
Word on the street is Al went back in time and slipped the Germans some designs for a car that could catch manbearpig and that was the birth of the BMW.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 10:29 PM   #246
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Word on the street is Al went back in time and slipped the Germans some designs for a car that could catch manbearpig and that was the birth of the BMW.
Isn't manbearpig the guy who always is having a problem with his car and then wonders what mod to do next...like, "my car stopped running...should I add a turbo to make it a triple turbocharged car...what do you guys think?" You know what this thread needs is that graph and numbers guy to make all these economic number make sense.
      08-07-2015, 10:31 PM   #247
csu87
Banned
Rep

cmg5461 where's your graphs and shit
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2015, 01:25 AM   #248
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Yes. It's worked both ways too. Nixon won popular vote but Kennedy became president.
ummm.... that's exactly what I'm talking about. it's wrong that someone can win the popular vote and NOT become president. that's exactly what I've been saying.... there is no two ways about that. you either win the popular vote and electoral college vote and become president, or you can lose the popular vote and win the electoral college vote and still become president. OR you have a third option, which is the only logical one, and whoever gets the most votes freaking wins. so dumb. which would most people prefer? I sure would like the person with the most votes to win, but that's just me. anything other than that makes your vote absolutely meaningless. why vote if the person you vote for gets MORE votes than the other guy, and still loses? why even vote then? get rid of the electoral college having any say in the presidency and just leave it up the the effing voters!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 06:43 AM   #249
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

It doesn't make your vote meaningless. It's not like it's a giant difference. Each time it's happened it's been a difference of about 0.1% You could call this close enough for government standards.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 05:36 PM   #250
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It doesn't make your vote meaningless. It's not like it's a giant difference. Each time it's happened it's been a difference of about 0.1% You could call this close enough for government standards.
if you were racing someone and you beat them by .1 seconds and they gave the other guy the win would you be cool with that? why even race the person then? might as well not make it a competition if your time is faster yet the other guy wins. might as well just call it having fun on the track with no clock then. to me it wouldn't matter if it's a difference of 1 person. if you get the most votes, you win. that's how it should work.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 06:04 PM   #251
csu87
Banned
Rep

When i win, i win by a lot because I'm amurikan
Appreciate 2
      08-08-2015, 06:07 PM   #252
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

That's not the point. It's broken down the way it is to disperse the voting power throughout the country and not have it centered in a few locations. I wish they would break down the electoral even more to a county level but oh well. It's not a factor in the past 2 though Obama won by only a percentage point and did way better electorally. I don't see it being a problem on the near future either.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 10:11 PM   #253
FL335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duder View Post
ummm.... that's exactly what I'm talking about. it's wrong that someone can win the popular vote and NOT become president. that's exactly what I've been saying.... there is no two ways about that. you either win the popular vote and electoral college vote and become president, or you can lose the popular vote and win the electoral college vote and still become president. OR you have a third option, which is the only logical one, and whoever gets the most votes freaking wins. so dumb. which would most people prefer? I sure would like the person with the most votes to win, but that's just me. anything other than that makes your vote absolutely meaningless. why vote if the person you vote for gets MORE votes than the other guy, and still loses? why even vote then? get rid of the electoral college having any say in the presidency and just leave it up the the effing voters!

So the Constitution which was created by our founding fathers should be abolished for "most popular" vote...like how most high schools vote for their student counsel? Smart. Big shocker you're from CA....

Also, if you don't pay taxes, you have no right to vote. it's pretty simple...you have to have "skin in the game"...how should you be able to decide how the Country's money is spent if you don't pay in?

/thread, dropping the mic.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 11:28 PM   #254
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL335 View Post
So the Constitution which was created by our founding fathers should be abolished for "most popular" vote...like how most high schools vote for their student counsel? Smart. Big shocker you're from CA....

Also, if you don't pay taxes, you have no right to vote. it's pretty simple...you have to have "skin in the game"...how should you be able to decide how the Country's money is spent if you don't pay in?

/thread, dropping the mic.
wtf are you taking about? do you know how voting works? am I wrong not being ok with the person with less votes wins? is this some sort of old school way of voting that I never learned about? if I understand you correctly, you're saying that voting for the president is a popularity contest and therefore the American public should not be trusted to make that decision on their own? ok....

who said anything about abolishing the constitution? how is getting rid of something that has absolutely no purpose these days abolishing the constitution? do you know why the electoral college was set up in the first place? there is absolutely no reason for it today. it actually works against its original purpose at this time. you feel the same way about all our laws too? nothing should ever be changed? it is what it is at this point and the people that set the laws we have knew what they were doing for this time and place hundreds of years later and nothing ever needs to change or be updated for the current times? awesome. do you also still want to own a slave? changing laws/changing things in the constitution is not abolishing anything. it's adjusting for the current times and world we now live in.

I don't know what being from California has to do with anything? because I'm from California means I'm not ok with a voting system that allows a winner even though they lose the vote? ok.... if that makes me a Californian then ok. random. no clue what that has to do with anything?

and I haven't mentioned anything about taxes. where the hell did that come from? but absolutely no one can argue with that. so not sure where that came from?

Last edited by Duder; 08-08-2015 at 11:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 12:47 AM   #255
PatrikG
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

All countries have their up and downs. I think the Scandinavian countries are pretty opti when it comes to live the typical middle class life.

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 01:27 AM   #256
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

America has many shit hole cities and breeds an undesirable culture among many of them.....shame on America.
That being said I really love a lot about USA I just feel it's not living up to its potential.....sad really.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 01:48 AM   #257
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
All you dickheads complaining (yet oddly enough still reside here) about how much of a let down the U.S. Is- try living in a 3rd world country for a few years.

I split time in Mexico (3rd world) and Australia (a fellow 1st world country but even then) going on for 3 years now where I'm there more than here-and you guys don't realize how good we have it here. No where in the world even comes close to it.

Every country has its flaws. But until you know what it's like to truly live in a corrupt government ran by cartels, I suggest you keep your mouths shut and be grateful for our freedom here.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 02:36 AM   #258
essex_lad
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Msport N53 Stage 2

Iv been a lot of places and I would say the u.s is the best, closely followed by Canada. Obviously being the same language helps to. Australia is great also but I could never live there, to bloody hot and that's not good for my line of work.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 02:54 AM   #259
PatrikG
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

I remember reading that Switzerland have been consider the best country in the world. Norway must be at second place consider they're rich as f*ck. In what other country do regular middle class families buy $100k Teslas? Well it's not all about the money but Norway is just like any other Scandinavian country except they got a little more money in their pockets

People often seem to think that non english speaking countries are shitholes with a corupt government. There is a huge difference between countries in Europe. I think uou will do just fine no matter what first world country you live in.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 09:11 AM   #260
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by essex_lad View Post
Iv been a lot of places and I would say the u.s is the best, closely followed by Canada. Obviously being the same language helps to. Australia is great also but I could never live there, to bloody hot and that's not good for my line of work.
I agree. Canada is good except for too much snow and socialized healthcare. They have long waiting lists for and subpar healthcare as a result. That's why the rich and politicians come here for their healthcare. Thank god we don't have socialized healthcare. Oh wait a minute.....
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #261
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Apple pie
Freedom flags
'Murican flags

It's the simple things.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 05:16 PM   #262
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
I agree. Canada is good except for too much snow and socialized healthcare. They have long waiting lists for and subpar healthcare as a result. That's why the rich and politicians come here for their healthcare. Thank god we don't have socialized healthcare. Oh wait a minute.....
Uhhh, no.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 06:22 AM   #263
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Apple pie
Freedom flags
'Murican flags

It's the simple things.
Actually apple pie originated in England.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 06:27 AM   #264
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Actually apple pie originated in England.
That's the joke.
Appreciate 0