XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

12-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #45
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
Ddk632, thanks for the pics, they are very nice, and I'm now convinced that I should get the same color combo. Question - has the red interior changed over the years or is it the same as was offered a few years ago. Also, aside from the hood and a slight change to the design if the rear headlamps and the new full led lights, have there been any other changes to x6M?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reihani View Post
before the Mugello red it was the sakhir orange. The mugello red is more red...if that makes any sense. Another change is the blue brake calipers. Used to be black. Now blue with the M logo.

Edit: the grill has also changed.
@reihani, are you sure about that?

I thought Sakhir was a new color introduced on the F12/F13 M6 and the F10 M5 (including the interior).

That being said, without doing some research, I don't have an answer as to whether all years of X6M had the Mugello Red interior or not.

+1 on the blue vs. black brake calipers on '13+ X6M's

So changes for sure on '13+ X6M's are --

-- Optional LED headlights ( MUST have option, just for the looks alone )
-- PowerDome hood
-- LED taillights
-- blue brake calipers vs black
-- updated / thicker kidney grilles

Might want to look through the LCI X6 thread to see any other interior and/or entertainment changes. I don't think there's much.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2013, 02:57 AM   #46
reihani
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
@reihani, are you sure about that?

I thought Sakhir was a new color introduced on the F12/F13 M6 and the F10 M5 (including the interior).

That being said, without doing some research, I don't have an answer as to whether all years of X6M had the Mugello Red interior or not.

+1 on the blue vs. black brake calipers on '13+ X6M's

So changes for sure on '13+ X6M's are --

-- Optional LED headlights ( MUST have option, just for the looks alone )
-- PowerDome hood
-- LED taillights
-- blue brake calipers vs black
-- updated / thicker kidney grilles

Might want to look through the LCI X6 thread to see any other interior and/or entertainment changes. I don't think there's much.
Ya the Sakhir orange was introduced for the m6 m5 as an exterior colour. The x5/x6m had the Sakhir orange as an interior colour option, and was replaced in 2013 by the mugello red.

I love the colour combo you have going on, I wanted the same thing but my family convinced me that white/red combo would be better...oh well..till the next car.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 12:21 PM   #47
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Guys, thanks again for your help. I ordered the exact same car that ddk632 you got last year and will pick it up at the PCD in early March. Now there will be two MCB / Red X6Ms on the road in the U.S...I'm in NY so we don't have to worry about seeing each other on the road
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #48
ddk632
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
Guys, thanks again for your help. I ordered the exact same car that ddk632 you got last year and will pick it up at the PCD in early March. Now there will be two MCB / Red X6Ms on the road in the U.S...I'm in NY so we don't have to worry about seeing each other on the road
Congrats man!

It would be awesome if we crossed paths. This is my favorite X6M combo (not surprisingly, lol) so doing a photoshoot with 2 MCB w/Mugello Red X6M's would be SICK!

But yeah, I've never seen another X6M locally with this combo.

You are going to love this car, man!

Over 18k miles on mine since just about 1 year and the giant grin is still on my face every time I get in and drive! Almost time for some new front tires!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #49
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
Congrats man!

It would be awesome if we crossed paths. This is my favorite X6M combo (not surprisingly, lol) so doing a photoshoot with 2 MCB w/Mugello Red X6M's would be SICK!

But yeah, I've never seen another X6M locally with this combo.

You are going to love this car, man!

Over 18k miles on mine since just about 1 year and the giant grin is still on my face every time I get in and drive! Almost time for some new front tires!
Awesome! I doubt I will be in your area any time soon but let me know if you are ever in the NY / NJ / CT area and we can definitely organize a meet! Thanks again for your help with the color combo, I knew I loved the red interior but wasn't 100% sold on the MCB exterior until I saw your pics and finally found a brand new X6 m in blue on a dealer's lot in Long Island (with a silver interior, otherwise it would have been difficult not to get it right away). I did PCD with my current X6 3 years ago and loved it, too.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 01:36 PM   #50
SK7
Private
Rep
Drives: G11 730d

Wow! Excellent color combo man... And how is the ride comfort?
      02-17-2014, 01:41 PM   #51
ddk632
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK7 View Post
Wow! Excellent color combo man... And how is the ride comfort?
Thanks!

The car rides beautifully. In regular D mode and EDC disabled it's smooth and comfortable.

Even with EDC enabled (which stiffens the suspension for sportier driving) the ride comfort is excellent though you feel road imperfections a bit more.

I have EDC enabled about 90% of the time! even when not in M mode, with the only times I disable it is in wet weather conditions.

Happy to report that in 20,000 miles the ride comfort hasn't degraded, except with normal tire wear as expected. About to replace my front tires and she should be even better.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #52
Andrew@SW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Thank you sharing this PCD delivery! Any plans for the car?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #53
ddk632
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@StrasseWheels View Post
Thank you sharing this PCD delivery! Any plans for the car?
Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it. I will definitely do PCD on every BMW I can after this one.

So far no plans other than the painted reflectors I put on.

I've got a few things I've wanted to do, some minor CF stuff and eventually a tune and exhaust, but nothing in the cards for a while... Too many other obligations at the moment
Appreciate 0