XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-23-2014, 09:52 PM   #1
romajc
Rep
Drives:

Suspension problem when parked???

Sometimes when my 2009 X6 50i has been parked for a while the passenger side suspension sits really high and the driver side really low. Then for the first few minutes of driving the suspension is very harsh, speed bumps shake the car violently. Then after a few minutes it levels itself and drives normal.

Anyone had this problem? Just a computer problem?

Been going on for a while now.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 12:14 AM   #2
Wilde
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6 xDrive50i

I had the same issue with mine but the whole back of the car would be drooped in the morning or after leaving it parked for a long time. The service guy said they replaced the rear "shock" (even though to me is seemed like it would be an issue with both rear shocks). That solved the problem. Since it's still under warranty, I didn't have to pay for it.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #3
igorbmwx6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i F30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by romajc View Post
Sometimes when my 2009 X6 50i has been parked for a while the passenger side suspension sits really high and the driver side really low. Then for the first few minutes of driving the suspension is very harsh, speed bumps shake the car violently. Then after a few minutes it levels itself and drives normal.

Anyone had this problem? Just a computer problem?

Been going on for a while now.
I had the same problem on my 2007 X5. One of your air shocks is leaking air. Replacing it is the only solution.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 11:11 AM   #4
CrazyRC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M40I

If you're out of warranty, make sure you check all the fittings before replacing the entire shock. It could just be a leak upstream of the shock itself.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 11:56 AM   #5
romajc
Rep
Drives:

Thanks all!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 07:14 PM   #6
bestinhouse
Rep
Drives: bmw z3. bmw 328i, bmw x5

2013 X5 Air Bag suspension issues

I haaaate intermittant problems.

Mine hops - then doesn't - "sits down" then doesn't intermittant

My 2013 bmw X5 35i xdrive will sometimes deflate or "sit down" all the way on both sides of the rear axel when parked on flat ground. When parked nose down, or on an angle, the car sometimes does not deflate or "sit down" at all.

When on the freeway it will sometimes drive wonderfully - other times it will HOP as it travels, and even HOP as it is backed down the driveway (a 40 yard downhill drive).

I am assuming I have one bad air bag- and that is why it hops. One deflates while the other doesn't - While I drive I hear the pump trying to inflate about once a minute.

But then why do both bags deflate when it is parked with the engine off.

Help me Obi-Wan! You are my only hope!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 07:58 PM   #7
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Consider https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=29578845
      12-01-2023, 08:28 PM   #8
bestinhouse
Rep
Drives: bmw z3. bmw 328i, bmw x5

2013 X5 Air Bag suspension issues

My 2013 bmw X5 35i xdrive will sometimes deflate or "sit down" all the way on both sides of the rear axel when parked on flat ground. When parked nose down, or on an angle, the car sometimes does not deflate or "sit down" at all.

When on the freeway it will sometimes drive wonderfully - other times it will HOP as it travels, and even HOP as it is backed down the driveway (a 40 yard downhill drive).

I am assuming I have one bad air bag- and that is why it hops. One deflates while the other doesn't - While I drive I hear the pump trying to inflate about once a minute.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2024, 09:55 AM   #9
CarlosStewart111
Registered
Rep
Drives: lanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestinhouse View Post

Hey. This writing app is a game-changer! It effortlessly transforms the daunting task of crafting essays https://essaypro.app/ into a streamlined and enjoyable process. The user-friendly interface guides you from brainstorming to refining your ideas, ensuring a polished final product. The ability to create a detailed profile on our team enhances collaboration, connecting writers with shared passions and goals. The app's templates and tools make structuring essays a breeze, even for beginners. It's a dynamic space where creativity flourishes, and writers of all levels can showcase their skills. Dive into a world where writing is not just a task but a gratifying experience. Highly recommended!
thanks
Appreciate 0