XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-27-2020, 09:18 AM   #1
Maccabee
Rep
Drives: 2013 x5 e70 50i

2013 X5 50i Lawsuit work

I had the work done on my engine the seals done(instead of engine replacement) and paid for oil seal work about $2,900 at 83,300 miles. At about an 110,000 miles I noticed smoke again and no indication of low oil levels engine failure. I called BMW NA and told them the problem they said I needed the car to get checked out at a BMW Dealer and see if the cause was the dealer who claimed that the engine work was minimal. I was also told to change the oil to 0w to help the turbo's after to workwas done.

It's been over a month since the engine was check and needs replacement. I have not gotten a call from BMW NA which the service advisor said was going to call me and the Service Manager has been on vacation and has not called me and I have left messages. The service advisor has not given me the Diagnostic. I have been on the road and letting thing go but I was alarmed that they are not calling me and act like my car is not taking up space for storage. This is a Atlanta Dealer. Has anyone had an experience like this and have any suggestions. Know any contacts at BMW NA?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 01:52 AM   #2
IronMike2020
Rep
Drives: X5 E70 50i

Update : BMW dealer said that replacing steam seals valves not going to solve the issue due to cylinders being eggshell form? LOL

Offered to replace engine if I pay 45% of the cost in this case it would be around $5600-$6000,

I guess this is the new way of not doing any job at all, who would be so smart to put 6k in N63 after being burned one time? I spoke to few BMW mechanics and ALL OF THEM said that this is simply not true and if there is no problem with the car other that smoke and oil consumption there is no need to replace the engine... But again this is the new way of getting rid of people of having their steam valves fixed. There is a mechanic in NY-SI, he said he can do the valves for 3300, since I do not drive much, maybe 80 miles a week, I will just keep adding oil and at some point just get those valves done for 3k and sell the car. I been driving BMW 15 years and this is it for me. Ford will be my next choice, at least I will sleep good at night and do not need to carry $3,000 with me Everytime I want to drive X5 to buy groceries.... $80,000 mistake.
Appreciate 0