XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
rsumasar
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X6

Nappa Leather Cleaner

Hey Guys, brand new to the forum. Just got a 2009 CPO x6 35i..love it ...it has the nappa leather option. Never owned a car with nappa leather before and was browsing through some other sites as well, and never really got a definitive answer. What do you guys recommend for cleaning/conditioning the nappa leather on the x? In my previous cars ive used Lexol Mothers etc..

thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
rsumasar
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X6

anyone?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsumasar View Post
anyone?
To be honest, I use leather cleaner wipes I originally purchased to clean my couches, lol. The wipes I have been using seem to work just fine, as the interior of my car looks the same as the day I picked her up over 3 years ago... except for the minor srcatches on my brushed aluminum trim (damn car wash attendees)

I will get the name of the leather wipes for you later on during the week if you wanna try that brand out because the container is in the closet with the rest of the cleaning supplies.

P.S. : i have no problem with car wash attendees because they work hard to keep my baby clean when it's cold outside... I just wish they would be a little more cautios with those vaccum hoses
      03-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
doubleroll
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6

Garage List
2022 BMW X6  [0.00]
2002 BMW 330Ci  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsumasar View Post
Hey Guys, brand new to the forum. Just got a 2009 CPO x6 35i..love it ...it has the nappa leather option. Never owned a car with nappa leather before and was browsing through some other sites as well, and never really got a definitive answer. What do you guys recommend for cleaning/conditioning the nappa leather on the x? In my previous cars ive used Lexol Mothers etc..

thanks guys
I don't have Nappa, but use Lexol on all my leather seating home and car with great results.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #5
makdeniss
Lord Vader
Estonia
Rep
Drives: BMW 730Ld

Bought the original leather cleaner + conditioner from BMW. I've heard they are great.
      03-17-2012, 01:36 AM   #6
kennynevermind
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

I've tried and used a lot of leather cleaners and the best I've found is by Swissvax.

http://www.swissvax.us/usa/leather-care.html

Not the cheapest stuff but is a preofessional product along with everyhting Swissvax use.

I'm a bit of a car cleaning/detailing freak and belong to a detailing forum where you can find demos and examples of all types of cleaning products. It's a UK forum but its a start if you're interested - Navigate to the "Forum Home" and then to "The Studio."

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/

Rich.
Appreciate 0