XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-21-2010, 01:44 AM   #1
nate55
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X6

2011 X6 or 2012 X6 and my current deal

Hey Guys,

So my lease is up on March 23rd and I currently have an offer to lock in a lease for a 2011 X6 50i w/ Vent seat pkg, cold weather pkg, premium pkg, premium sound pkg, sport activity pkg (20" rims), keyless entry, smartphone integration, rear view camera for $948.50 for 36 months no money down. The car would be delivered end of February. Now is it worth it for me to lock in this lease now or should I wait till march and hope the 2012 model is out or the 2011 becomes cheaper? What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 03:02 AM   #2
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M Monte Carlo Blue

Why would it take so long for delivery? I see no reason to wait. It would surprise me if they do the early year build again this year.

I know nothing about leases, but someone else will probably chime in.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
newdadkel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6M CBM

If its the car you want with the options you are looking for, I would recommend locking it up. No sense in waiting if its got everything you need. From what I can find on the various websites, there should not be much change at all. Since BMW just updated the x3, I cannot find any info about doing the same thing to the x5 or x6. It also would take some hype away from the updated x3 if they rolled put three updated models too close together.
Curious about your lease: is it just for business expense/right off, or do you just like to change out cars? If its for business and depending on where you are at tax-wise, would recommend locking it in. If its just to be able to change cars every few years, and its not the exact car you want, just wait on it. Just my humble opinion though.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
nate55
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X6

The reason I'm getting delivery in February is so I don't have to pay off my old lease/pay for 2 leases at once.

I lease because I like to change cars often.

My worry is that the 2011 x6 will be cheaper in march if a 2012 is on it's way and therefore I will be paying too much. Also if a 2012 model is available I'd prefer to have the newest one. So I guess my real question becomes when is the 2012 x6 coming out?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
kgclark
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 X6 35i VR/Oyster

Not sure how they're planning to lock you in until the end of Feb now since (as far as I know) BMWFS only allows 60 day locks on rates. That said, you're never really "locked in", you're protected if the Money factor or residual values go up, but if hey go down, you can always re-lock at the lower rate. You also can cancel the order at any time or simply choose not to take delivery of the car if you choose. Your dealer may discourage you from doing so, but there's nothing contractually committing you to anything until you take delivery.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #6
Rac10000
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate55 View Post
So I guess my real question becomes when is the 2012 x6 coming out?
The MY 2012 X6 should be out late summer or early fall 2011 ... I would expect some small changes as 2012 is the LCI year for the X6 ...
      11-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
chrisjur
Registered
Rep
Drives: '08 X5 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate55 View Post
The reason I'm getting delivery in February is so I don't have to pay off my old lease/pay for 2 leases at once.
I don't know what your current model is, but you should be aware that, as of November 1, BMW initiated a Lease Pull-ahead program for all leases that terminate prior to April 1 (or maybe it's April 30, can't recall).

Under this program, they will allow you to terminate your lease early and they will forgive up to 3 existing payments on your current lease, as long as you finance or lease a new or CPO BMW.

My friend just took a new M3 off the lot and gave up his lease early, and I have an X6 set to come off the production line on Monday, which will probably mean I'll terminate my X5's lease 2 months early.

Speak to your dealer....I do not believe the offer is valid if your current lease is an X3 or a 5-series.
Appreciate 0